Kai

Free Processwire Template

Hi community, 

Since googling "free processwire themes" does not bring up results, I release my former website template open source! In the hope that it will help many people to get started with Processwire - or just to simply test it.

Download: https://github.com/q2apro/processwire-template

PW-Featured here: http://processwire.com/about/sites/list/memelpower-we-create-business-websites/ 

Free Processwire Template

Free Processwire Template - built for a web development agency - now open sourced.

Demo

Online at web archive (some images missing but working): https://web.archive.org/web/20171028072758/https://www.memelpower.com/

See also folder demos/screenshots.

Installation

1. Copy all files to your webserver.
  2. Create a database and import the file database/db_import.sql
  3. Edit the file wire/config.php and enter your database credentials.
  4. Go to yoursite.com/wire/ and login.
  5. Login: admin and Password: herewegocheckitout22

The template you find in site/templates

IMPORTANT

Copyright of Images by Kai Noack. If you use the template you MUST replace or remove all images of people and organisations. The logos used are also copyright protected.

Donate

If you like what you received, you can show your appreciation by a donation: https://www.paypal.me/q2apro

Template License

The source code of the template is free and open source. Do whatever you like with it.

screencapture-memelpower-1512687249997.jpg

screencapture-memelpower-en-showcase-mathelounge-1512687458968.jpg

screencapture-memelpower-en-technologies-1512687381150.jpg

• Like 10

Great Job!

When I'am trying to import the database I'm getting an error:

Fout

SQL-query:

/*!40101 SET NAMES utf8mb4 */;

MySQL meldt: Documentatie

#1115 - Unknown character set: 'utf8mb4' 

When importing

Thank you for this very nice template Kai.

If having your own original art in there is an issue, have you considered just replacing those images with some from unsplash.com or other such source?

Regardless of the answer to the above, it's very kind of you to release it publicly. Thanks again.

11 hours ago, FrancisChung said:

Have you tried just using utf8 instead of utf8mb4?

Yes, but it still not works. Does anyone has the same experience?

@tooth-paste: I've just created a test database (test_db) on my local MySQL server and ran the script and it works.

Have you tried creating a blank database, setting that as the default schema, and then executing the script?

14 minutes ago, FrancisChung said:

@tooth-paste: I've just created a test database (test_db) on my local MySQL server and ran the script and it works.

Have you tried creating a blank database, setting that as the default schema, and then executing the script?

I use a blank database. After googling it is possible I need an upgrade of MySQL because utf8mb4 is a newer set of utf8. I'm running MySQL version 5.1.73.

10 minutes ago, tooth-paste said:

I use a blank database. After googling it is possible I need an upgrade of MySQL because utf8mb4 is a newer set of utf8. I'm running MySQL version 5.1.73.

I'm using MAMP PRO, which is running MySQL 5.6.35. As you might've already guessed, probably best to upgrade MySQL first.
I also use MySQLWorkBench 6.3 Community Edition, if you're not using it already.

First of all thanks for offering this to the community.

I am curious though: Why did you include the entire wire folder in the package as well? Normally, people create a site profile. I never ever touched the wire/config.php file, only site/config.php.

You might want to change the instruction text: You don't login @ wire/, but processwire/

Speaking of login... I used the mentioned username + password, but it always says "login failed". Are you sure it's correct?

I had to use this to change pass + login: 

• Like 1

Not sure. Did it work for the others?

True, I could remove the wire folder. There are few hacks though - but not needed indeed!

Waiting for the feedback of the others.

Thanks for providing the site profile!  Just wanted to let others know I had to do the following to login.

Add this to the startpage.php in the site/templates/ directory

$admin = $users->get('admin');
$admin->setOutputFormatting(false);
$admin->pass = 'herewegocheckitout22'; // put in your new password
$admin->save();

Then visit the homepage to execute the code.  Then remove the same code from the template.

Then login to yoursite.com/processwire/ not yoursite.com/wire/

Hope that helps others

• Like 2

Hello @Kai

I decided to give a try to your theme to see any interesting approaches etc. I created a new temp domain on my localhost (kai.pw) and created the DB, Imported the sql in it with no issue and following the steps I was supposed to edit the /wire/config.php to enter my database credentials. Are you really meaning to put the user/pass/host only or you mean to edit the /site/config.php which contains the database name as well?

Based on my experience, I have edited the /site/config.php and added my db info (100% accurately). Headed to http://kai.pw/processwire (there was a typo to the admin URL which was corrected in @gmclelland post.

When I try to browse the URL, for some weird reason it does not show the website but the 404 error of GitHub

image.png.ca9ef03cdfa5e38540d3ccc0bbeeb339.png

I am starting to wonder now, where did I do wrong?

kai.pw is a live domain: https://www.whois.com/whois/kai.pw

Looks like it must be being pointed to a Github pages site that isn't up yet. You might be able to edit the hosts file on your local machine and make it go to 127.0.0.1, but might be easiest to just go with a .test or .local TLD for local dev. In case you don't know, .dev is no longer a good idea: https://iyware.com/dont-use-dev-for-development/

15 hours ago, MilenKo said:

Are you really meaning to put the user/pass/host only or you mean to edit the /site/config.php which contains the database name as well?

I believe you are supposed to put that information in site/config.php

@adrian Thanks for the info and yes, I did check to make sure my local server is working fine as to avoid going to the Internet instead of going to my local domain. What I did to test was to add a simple index.html file and point back to kai.pw - the result - well I saw the content of the index.html

However, I did find some glitches in my server where an update was needed so now I can see the front page using kai.pw with no issue grabbing the info from my local server with priority over the real domain.

The only thing to figure out is how to get to the admin as I am not able to browse kai.pw/wire (as stated), nor kai.pw/processwire as it is by default. Has anyone been able to login to the admin (not the issue with the pass but to see the login prompt?

@gmclelland Yes, I can confirm that the only change needed is in the config file located in /site/config.php but not the one in the wire.

P.S. I found that the admin URL is really /processwire/ , however it gives me 404 when I try to browse it.

I was able to login, but I don't have my computer right now.

Can you try kai.pw/processwire/ 

Note the trailing slash

Well, I am trying to but get the 404. I ran the script to show the admin URL and it really shows /processwire/ but the URL is not browsable. Also if I try to switch to other languages or to browse a page from the menu, it shows me 404 again. Something strange is happening here, so I am more leaning to re-download the whole site and set some test.local domain for the try.

Well, I did try kai.test as local domain and still got the 404 with the same symptoms when trying to access admin, other links from the menu or switch languages.

Anyway, let me re-download the files and will try it again to confirm the result or have it fixed.