[solved] Suddenly "Can't connect to local MySQL server", phpMyAdmin access denied - no changes

bot19

I've never encountered this issue before. My local installing is using AMPPS 3.7, setup about 3 months ago.

Everything was working fine last night, and I think possibly this morning, before it complete stopped with these errors. Please see below.

I have not changed any config setttings, access settings.

The only 2 other things I did yesterday was log into phpmyadmin and export the DB, then I think an Xcode update was installed yesterday.

Can anyone help?

I know people have run into these issues when they migrate, but I haven't migrated, setup, changed anything.

Some people have said to just disable to do something like:

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = true;

In phpMyAdmin's config.inc.php file. I tried but that didn't work.

I even tried changing:

$config->dbHost = 'localhost';

to 127.0.0.1, in site/config.php but no good.

Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 3.10.05 pm.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 3.10.25 pm.png

Edited by bot19
solved.

Hey guys,

It turns out just as the error said. I had all these errors because mysql.sock was missing, or shut down?

5a2a449d619e9_ScreenShot2017-12-08at4_44_29pm.png.6673d4b4ed6d69bd34c7654de080557a.png

It should be here, even AMPPS is running and MySql is started/running (I tried restarting AMPPS, MySql, no luck).

Regarding the (2) in error:

Note the (2) after the error.... I found on another thread that this means the socket might be indeed attempted to be used, but something is wrong with the socket itself - so to shut down the machine - completely - so that the socket closes. Then a restart should fix it.

https://stackoverflow.com/a/23448805/512353

So I restarted my machine and then fired up AMPPS again. Sure enough, this time mysql.sock started and everything is back to normal.

5a2a449eddc01_ScreenShot2017-12-08at4_44_52pm.png.680b57b7a2edb60513ccac991886edd0.png

I don't know what caused it to die in the first place, but I hope this doesn't become a frequent occurrence. For now however, it is fixed :)

Hope this helps someone in the future.

• Like 3