Page Selector prepopulated with an Unpublished Page

cosmicsafari

Hi all,

From my attempts it seems like this is not possible but thought I would raise it here before scrapping the idea and trying something else.

I have an importer script reading a third party feed and creating some pages (page_type_A) based on that.

It also creates some other pages (page_type_B) which are by default set to unpublished as the third party don't seem to have control over some of the data they send us, so we set them to unpublished so that someone on our end needs to approve them, so far so good.

The issue I have encountered is that page_type_A at creation uses the API to set one of its fields to a particular page_type_B, the field is setup as PageSelector. When I look at the database this seems to work fine, but if you go into page_type_A the Page Selector list is always preset to blank?

I updated the Page Selector and set the Selector String to use "include=all" which does populate the drop down with all the correct pages but since there all unpublished it never seems to be preselected to the one which is actually saved as in the DB.

Hope that makes some sort of sense.