2012 Critic’s Choice CMS Awards

diogo

Ryan, can you share some google analytics stats with us?

Sure, I'll be glad to share any numbers I have access to. Here's a graph showing traffic growth since the project started. Currently we get 500-1000 visits a day, depending on the day.

post-2-0-23181400-1352760006_thumb.png

This graph already looks promising, though compared to other CMS's we are still quite small

We may be quite small in terms of traffic still, but our trend is upward. Other than WordPress, it appears that most other well-known CMSs are trending downward in terms of search volume.

• Like 2

One other interesting thing I noticed is that we've risen a lot on Google for the term "Open Source CMS". Looks like we are now on page #2 of the results (which is a major improvement), right below SilverStripe and Symphony, but above Umbraco. Then again, Google changes these things up a lot, so your results may vary.

• Like 1

Thanks for the graph. I hope the visitor growth gets some exponential boost soon.

I would be interested in which countries processwire is most popular. Can you give us some stats for this too?

One other interesting thing I noticed is that we've risen a lot on Google for the term "Open Source CMS". Looks like we are now on page #2 of the results (which is a major improvement), right below SilverStripe and Symphony, but above Umbraco. Then again, Google changes these things up a lot, so your results may vary.

When not logged in into my google account I can't find processwire on the first 10 result pages :(

When not logged in into my google account I can't find processwire on the first 10 result pages

The result I reported was when not logged in to Google. Searching for Open Source CMS shows us on page 2, second to last result, and still does when I try it now. Tried it over the iPhone (AT&T network) just to confirm. If I'm logged into Google, it appears higher, but also says "You and Antti Peisa Liked this" or something to that effect.

Also, we are #1 for the term Open Source CMF, but apparently that's not a very competitive term because I don't see it showing up in our search logs at all.

I think there are all kinds of factors that can affect where something appears in Google, even from data center to data center. Though I am surprised it's now showing up for you. Can you double check?

I would be interested in which countries processwire is most popular. Can you give us some stats for this too?

By Country:

post-2-0-64877500-1352911908_thumb.png

By Continent:

post-2-0-26495800-1352912321_thumb.png

I double checked. Searching for Open Source CMS with a german IP lists processwire on page 11, using a United States IP I see processwire on page 2. Have look yourself with foreign IPs: http://anonymizer.nntime.com/

Thanks for the additional stats. Nice to see how strong processwire is here in Germany. Do you have an idea why Finland, Netherlands and Switzerland are so strong? It's really fascinating how many users come from there.

I love GA. One quite interesting trend from the country analysis...

All the countries with <25% new visits have (or have had) at least one (very) active (>100 posts) forum member -

• Finland - Antti, teppo
  • Switzerland - Oliver
  • Slovakia - Sevarf
  • Portugal - Diogo
  • Sweden - formmailer
  • Croatia - Nikola

So if they weren't so active, things could be somewhat different.

I double checked. Searching for Open Source CMS with a german IP lists processwire on page 11, using a United States IP I see processwire on page 2.

I wonder why this is the case, and if there's anything we can do about it. Seems unusual that Google's algo would be so different in Germany. I'm wondering if we need to do anything to indicate that we are "German friendly" or something to make Google like us better there.

I would guess I account for 90% of the US traffic. :)

In Finland ProcessWire is second last on page 2 with "open source cms". Maybe even the fact that the server is on US might affect?

"Custom fields cms" => 1. result

"php cms" => last on 2. page

What do you have to say in your defence soma?

Soma is from Middle-earth.

• Like 1

In Middle Earth with "open source cms" ProcessWire is on #2 when logged in, and on 4th page #1 if logged out. Through there's not many using PW her in Middle Earth except Gandalf who still needs to finish the orks.me.

• Like 2

All the countries with <25% new visits have (or have had) at least one (very) active (>100 posts) forum member -

• Finland - Antti, teppo

You can count me in - I'm still under 100 posts myself but I've been reading almost every single post for a half a year now. I'd like to see the figures for Finland without visits from the three of us. :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...