[Solved] 3.0.84 - Error saving image in repeater

heldercervantes

Hi gang.

I'm working on 3.0.84, built the site fine, tested locally and everything works.

I've published it. Used the zip here, upload, extract there method. Imported the DB, tested, works.

But then I went to add content on the server and when I add an image to a field that lives inside a repeater, BOOM!

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I can change anything, upload images in other places, everything works. But two of my templates have repeaters that allow images (different repeater fields), and both crash as soon as I try uploading to them then save the page.

Going back, the field appears with the image there, so the upload was complete, but I can't save the page.

Locally everything works. I've used similar repeaters with image fields in the past, in the same server even, but this installation is crashing there and I don't even know where to look.

Any ideas?

Thx

27 minutes ago, adrian said:

Glad you got it sorted, but while you are upgrading, I would really recommend PHP 7 if it's easily available on your host. If not, at least go for 5.6. If they don't have that, then look elsewhere :)

They have. And I think I left it at 5.6

My concern is because I have another site parked on the same account, and that one uses v2.5. Didn't know if jumping all the way up to v7 would risk breaking it.

1 hour ago, heldercervantes said:

They have. And I think I left it at 5.6

My concern is because I have another site parked on the same account, and that one uses v2.5. Didn't know if jumping all the way up to v7 would risk breaking it.

I think the only issue you'll have with PW 2.5 and PHP 7 will be a few PHP notices. There shouldn't be any errors, but if you are not planning on upgrading that 2.5 to 3, then might be safer to stick with php 5.6.

• Like 1