Page Table with Repeater UI

Karl_T

I would like to see a field that acts just like Page Table field but with Repeater UI.

Right now the downside of using repeater is that they are not normal pages. There are limitations when referencing them. Their page name is not editable too. Also, They are off from the URL structure. I start to avoid using repeater if possible after I face these downside in my last project. However, the Page Table field UI is not quite user friendly.

• Like 3

i have a similar need, and have a 'roll your own' pagetable setup, using Runtime Markup;
i think once i implement the Datatables Editor (if that ends up being possible), it will be really cool, and much less screen-estate than a repeater interface.

• Like 2

Thanks for the feedback. Repeater is really robust in terms of editing content. It presents all fields in a native way, with the nesting and sorter and configurable layout.

26 minutes ago, bernhard said:

i have'nt used it but maybe adrians batch child editor is an option for you? it can also render children in a field similar to page tables.

I have used batch child editor in the past. I mostly use it to import large amount of data. It lacks the ability to show and edit the fields at once (you may get this ability if you have ListerPro, but I failed to enable the inline editor in my last trial).

Sorry that's my bad I didn't specify clearly. The main function I want from the Page Table is the ability of editing/adding children, while it also has the ability to edit/add pages somewhere else just like repeater but more flexible(choose any parent).

• Like 2

Hi @elabx, thanks for your input.

The best Fieldtype candidate should be PageTable. However, there is an issue if the PageTable is used directly as Fieldtype. The end product may look just like Repeater Matrix, which, I think, is not a good idea. So, I would suggest that the function of adding different template("type" in Repeater Matrix) should be removed.

Inputfield could be just like Repeater. Adding a new set of css, configurable in field setting, maybe good enough to reduce the bloated feel as someone may concern.

The above are some brief ideas if I would develop the modules.