AdminThemeUikit UI images path problem

SamC

I modified the AdminThemeUikit for custom colours etc. I copied the module to '/site/modules/' and just used that instead of the '/wire/' one. However, I was thinking it seems pointless using a second copy of a module that may need updating, so I used the 'Primary CSS file' setting in the core to simply link to my customized CSS:

custom-css.jpg

However, this the kicks up a bunch of errors in the UI:

ui-errors.jpg

The new CSS file is being used, but the locations don't exist. Changing the paths would mean modifying these two files before compiling:

pw-jquery-ui-custom.less
pw-jquery-ui.less

...which is contradictory to the instructions for creating an admin theme. You should only need to modify one Less file to change the entire theme.

From 'pw-theme-reno.less':

/**************************************************************
 * Primary variables
 * The entire color theme can be adjusted from the @reno 
 * variables below. 
 */

I guess I could override all the parts that include images in my custom Less file to point at the original images in the wire folder.

What I really wanted with this was to enable a total theme change with one CSS file. This would make theming super awesome, just grab a CSS file, point to it in the AdminThemeUikit settings and done.

As it stands, you'd have to recreate the path '/custom/pw/images/', then copy the theme images into that in order to only use the CSS setting in core AdminThemeUikit module. An alternative could be for the Less in the module to have a variable pointing to images location (rather than the current hardcoded background: url() ones), then you could just change it in the single Less theme file:

@pathToUiIcons: "/path/to/images";

Would make it simple to point straight to the images in the AdminThemeUikit folder. Maybe I'm missing the point of the 'Primary CSS' setting but I can't see how this is useful unless there is also a way to change the path to the UI Icons.

• Like 1