Admin panel showing Error 500 Internal Server Error with no logs

desbest

The admin panel of processwire is showing Error 500 Internal Server Error

Also there are no logs in site/assets/logs about this.

Is my shared hosting putting restrictions on my website? Should I contact them about it?

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Error has been logged.

Now my entire processwire website is down and there's no error logs about why.

Can you set in your config.php -  $config->debug = true; - and post the resulting errors here ?

The 500 error came suddenly ? please give us more infos ;)

9 minutes ago, desbest said:

Now my entire processwire website is down and there's no error logs about why.

For sure, the Apache or PHP error log contain something. Try to find them.

Edited by flydev
more infos needed

4 minutes ago, flydev said:

Can you set in your config.php -  $config->debug = true; - and post the resulting errors here ?

Is a live site, is this not risky? Although I know it would be only for a few minutes.

Maybe also try and work out whether this just happened suddenly or not i.e. I was on the site, logged off, logged back in and got a 500. Any changes to the .htaccess before this happened? Upgrade?

Maybe my web host is blocking file_put_contents()

I have contacted them to check whether they are blocking that php function as it works on my localhost.

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/ekzagaco/public_html/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/modules/FormBuilder/FormBuilderConfig.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/ekzagaco/public_html/wire/core/FileCompiler.php on line 389

Fatal error: Class 'Wire' not found in /home/ekzagaco/public_html/site/modules/FormBuilder/FormBuilderConfig.php on line 16

Warning: fopen(/home/ekzagaco/public_html/site/assets/logs/errors.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/ekzagaco/public_html/wire/core/FileLog.php on line 82

Error: Class 'Wire' not found (line 16 of /home/ekzagaco/public_html/site/modules/FormBuilder/FormBuilderConfig.php) 

This error message was shown because: site is in debug mode. ($config->debug = true; => /site/config.php). Error has been logged.

The thing weird is that you even get a Permission Denied opening the log file... Which web hosting company is ?

12 minutes ago, SamC said:

Is a live site, is this not risky? Although I know it would be only for a few minutes.

I don't think so, it's a matter of seconds: set to true - refresh - set to false.

• Like 1

My hosts changed how I was allowed to connect remotely to secure tunneling. Previously I simply used (my) whitelisted IP address to connect and used a shared database between the live site and the local one. Then that suddenly stopped working (although i got error connecting to database rather than 500).

Maybe they have changed something as you mentioned earlier.

My web host fixed that error now.

Now there's 1 error remaining which stops my processwire website from running.

It worked before and no files have been modified. My web host has changed how things work.

Fatal error: Class 'Wire' not found in /home/ekzagaco/public_html/site/modules/FormBuilder/FormBuilderConfig.php on line 16

How can that be fixed?

What does the error mean?

1 hour ago, flydev said:

Which web hosting company is ?

My web host switched from Apache to Litespeed.

Update

It seems to be a permissions issue with the files.

All my folders are set to 755 and all my files are set to 644, but when I change site/assets/logs/modules.txt to 777 an error disappears.

How should I set my permissions under Litespeed?

17 minutes ago, dragan said:

Try to refresh modules cache. Also, you could try to remove everything in the assets/cache folder.

I deleted the cache and now I get these errors.

Warning: fopen(/home/ekzagaco/public_html/site/assets/logs/exceptions.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/ekzagaco/public_html/wire/core/FileLog.php on line 82

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ekzagaco/public_html/wire/core/FileLog.php:82) in /home/ekzagaco/public_html/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageView.module on line 142

Warning: fopen(/home/ekzagaco/public_html/site/assets/logs/exceptions.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/ekzagaco/public_html/wire/core/FileLog.php on line 82

Fatal error: Exception: Unable to create directory /home/ekzagaco/public_html/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/templates/ (in /home/ekzagaco/public_html/wire/core/FileCompiler.php line 228) #0 /home/ekzagaco/public_html/wire/core/FileCompiler.php(348): ProcessWire\FileCompiler->initTargetPath() #1 /home/ekzagaco/public_html/wire/core/Wire.php(383): ProcessWire\FileCompiler->___compile('/home.php') #2 /home/ekzagaco/public_html/wire/core/WireHooks.php(698): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('___compile', Array) #3 /home/ekzagaco/public_html/wire/core/Wire.php(442): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\FileCompiler), 'compile', Array) #4 /home/ekzagaco/public_html/wire/modules/PageRender.module(500): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('compile', Array) #5 /home/ekzagaco/public_html/wire/core/Wire.php(383): ProcessWire\PageRender->___renderPage(Object(ProcessWire\HookEvent)) #6 /home/ekzagaco/public_html/wire/core/WireHooks.php(698): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('___renderPage', Array) #7 /home/ekzagaco/public_html/wire in /home/ekzagaco/public_html/index.php on line 64

• 1 year later...
On 12/3/2017 at 5:00 PM, dragan said:

Try to refresh modules cache. Also, you could try to remove everything in the assets/cache folder. 

you are a savior.  I was running behind this error for last 1 hour. so is there any way to clear this cache automatic periodically ?