kalimati

Build Page Array for Predefined Tags of Images

Processwire allows us to define predefined tags for images. What if I want to use a repeater field on the page for the purpose? How can I use values of this repeater field as the list of available tags for image fields?

Thanks.

For a repeater field named "image_tags" in the "home" template, setting the tags list for an images field named "images"...

// Save repeater titles to images tags list
$pages->addHookAfter('saveReady', function(HookEvent $event) {
    $page = $event->arguments(0);
    // For the home template
    if($page->template == 'home') {
        // Get a string of tags from the repeater item titles
        $tags = $page->image_tags->implode(' ', 'title');
        // Get the images field
        $images_field = $this->fields->images;
        // Set the list of allowed tags
        $images_field->tagsList = $tags;
        // Save the field
        $images_field->save();
    }
});

The titles of the repeater items will need to abide by the rules for image tags, so no spaces allowed.

Tags may contain letters, digits, underscores or hyphens.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By humanafterall
      I'm using some Custom fields for images: 
      https://processwire.com/blog/posts/pw-3.0.142/#custom-fields-for-files-images

When I save the page, and return the fields are blank. When I re-add the text to the fields and save again then the fields save as expected.

I know this is stated as being quite experimental but it's super useful feature I'd love to get working correctly.
      I have fields that are CKEditor fields but have overidden this on the image specific template. I've also tried it with regular text fields and I get the same bug.
      (currently using Processwire 3.0.155)
      **UPDATE**
      I've found this issue is specific to editing on pages using the PageTable fieldtype. The fields are not saving when I save the page in the PageTable.
    • By Robin S
      Displays image tags overlaid on the thumbnail using customisable colours. This makes it easier to see which images have which tags without needing to open the edit pane for individual images or changing to the list view.
      Screenshot

Usage
      Enable tags for one or more image fields. Install the Image Thumbnail Tags module. Optionally configure colours for any of your tags.

https://github.com/Toutouwai/ImageThumbnailTags
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/image-thumbnail-tags/
    • By EyeDentify
      Hello dear PW gurus.

I have stumbled over a strange error that i all of sudden got when trying to upload an image to a images field on a page.
      There where images allready stored in the field that i wanted to keep, but during the upload the error apear and after that all images are gone from the field and i can´t upload any, i just get the error every time.
      I am running ProcessWire 3.0.153 dev.
      Update:
      After looking in the assets folder i find the folder for the page and the image files seems to be there including the ones i tried to upload when the error occured.
      But they don´t show up in the images field in the page editor.

The error reported:

SQLSTATE[01000]: Warning: 1265 Data truncated for column 'ratio' at row 1 And here is a screenshot of the event:

The TracyDebugger Error reporting:

I hope you fine folks could point me in a direction.
      But it seems our old pal set_time_limit() is back.

Regards, EyeDentify
    • By Peter Knight
      If an image is added to a site via the rich text field, do we have a way to apply a custom wrapper or mini template to it?
      IE I want to apply some markup srcset to some user added images. I can only seem to achieve this when the image markup is in the template itself.
      https://github.com/rolandtoth/MarkupSrcSet/wiki
      I can probably achieve this with RepeaterMatrix and by creating a specific Images field (and images template) but outside of that ?
      Thanks
    • By Andi
      Continuing my journey into PW hooks, I'm trying to find a way to retrieve all images from a page that explicitly *do not* have a certain tag (or tags) attached to them.
      Found this post from 2015
      But I'm wondering if there's a more elegant way to go about this.
      Let's say I have a multi-image field called "images_header" and instead of
      $page->images_header->findTag('mytag'); I would like to do this:
      $page->images_header->excludeTag('mytag'); So I'd be able to do
      // find images that don't have the tag "mytag" $images = $page->images_header->excludeTag('mytag'); // check if there's any images if (count($images)>0) { // do something.. } Would this be possible by hooking into Pagefiles somehow?
      There's this bit in /wire/core/Pagefiles.php Line 626 that I'd basically just need to reverse (or at least in my mind 😄 )
      public function findTag($tag) { $items = $this->makeNew(); foreach($this as $pagefile) { if($pagefile->hasTag($tag)) $items->add($pagefile); } return $items; } Any ideas on how this could be done in a graceful manner?
      Thanks in advance!