3.0.84... WOW

heldercervantes

7 hours ago, heldercervantes said:

Just tried out the latest dev version and experienced the new admin area.

Damn, this is a beautiful CMS. Can't wait to see how my clients react to this.

*Runs to update and try new version out* the day just got better

• Like 4

8 hours ago, pwired said:

How can we take care of that padding ? Is it hard to find in the css to tweak it personally ?

.InputfieldHeader {
    padding: 10px 10px 10px 20px;
}
.InputfieldStateCollapsed > .InputfieldHeader {
    padding-bottom: 10px;
}

remember that the minimum size for an element in a touch device should be 44 pixels, these padding values are the minimum values that you must use in the processwire header to comply with that rule..

• Thanks 1

It's really easy to customize the admin to however you want it to look.

I think I may write a tutorial about how to do this. Just need nodejs/npm, create a single (your theme) .less file, import it to _imports.less, and use their included build script.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, heldercervantes said:

IMO, the padding is fine. If anything, I'd add a bit more on the page tree list items. But that may be because I'm looking at it on a 24" mac.

Same here, padding looks good to me rather than everything all squished up. 27" monitor at 2560x1440 with chrome at 110% zoom.

Also use a 13" retina macbook (for sitting in bed lazy coding - my fave) and looks fine on that too :) 

57 minutes ago, SamC said:
5 hours ago, heldercervantes said:

IMO, the padding is fine. If anything, I'd add a bit more on the page tree list items. But that may be because I'm looking at it on a 24" mac.

Same here, padding looks good to me rather than everything all squished up. 27" monitor at 2560x1440 with chrome at 110% zoom.

Also use a 13" retina macbook (for sitting in bed lazy coding - my fave) and looks fine on that too :) 

So that is why we need that setting ;) Seriously, using the UIkit admin smaller part of the GUI can be seen and used on the very same screen (compared to the classic Default and Reno themes). Some of us do not like loosing functionality (me included) even if it looks better that way.

• Like 4

You could stick:

// Smaller margins
@global-margin: 5px;

...inside your custom less file which is imported into '/custom/pw/_import.less/ (or straight in pw-theme-reno.less) and recompile the less (npm run compile), then you can make global margins any size you like...

padding.jpg

This affects all margins though. In order to do just the inputfields, it's more tricky as there are multiple padding variables all over the place which are saved to other variables. This is only a small example, been studying this theme for about a fortnight now and still finding it awkward tracing the variables about. Either it's a really super complicated thing to do, or the less is just written in a complicated way, not sure which:

header-padding.jpg

I do think though that you will lose the consistency if you override just the collapsed inputfields, the global margin would be the way I'd do it so the entire admin has uniform padding throughout.

@szabesz maybe set global from 20px to 15px and you'll be happy :)

• Like 2

Thanks @SamC

I understand that it can be easy to change UIkit's LESS variables, however, about 95% of the time I would be quite happy to leave this task to ProcessWire :) Why? Because I like the new theme the way it is, it is just that too much extra whitespace compared to Reno that bothers me, so why should I spend more time on it then absolute necessary? I'm not lazy, I just do not want to setup UIkit for each project in order to change one (or a couple of?) variable(s).

I get your point and appreciate your help. We just need that setting somehow, I think :)

Since: "ProCache 3.1.7 adds support for SCSS and LESS" https://processwire.com/blog/posts/pw-3.0.76-plus-login-register/

It might also be possible to recompile UIkit admin theme's variables if this support is also added to ProcessWire core somehow.

• Like 1

Yeah, you got a point. You can't even run 'npm run compile' from the wire folder either because the included version with core doesn't have the source files/node_modules etc.

An alternative, maybe you could git clone the module, compile it with less padding, then install it as a custom one in '/site/modules/' for each of your sites. But then of course you need to keep your personal version updated.

Maybe you do need that setting after all :P

• Like 1