image url path inside php tag, how is this possible with processwire?

danielholanda

I have this form in my html which works perfectly locally. Once I had this as a template my form doesnt work well. This has a calendar button available and here is the problem. I already had this php applied:

<?php
$myCalendar = new tc_calendar("date3", true, false);
$myCalendar->setIcon("_php/calendar/images/iconCalendar.png");
$myCalendar->setPath("_php/calendar/");
$myCalendar->setYearInterval(2012, 2022);
$myCalendar->dateAllow('2012-08-30', '2022-08-31');
$myCalendar->setDateFormat('j F Y'); 
$myCalendar->writeScript();  
?>

This means that I would have to paste this code which I have applied to any inner url I have in the html such as this example:

<input type="image" src="<?php echo $config->urls->templates?>_img/submit_button.png" id="input_img" name="submit" />

I've tried inserting only echo $config->urls->templates?. This way:

<?php
$myCalendar->setIcon("$config->urls->templates_php/calendar/images/iconCalendar.png");
$myCalendar->setPath("$config->urls->templates_php/calendar/");
?>

If I wanted the url to work how should I do it with processwire?

If what Antti said above has been taken care of at some point, this might be the problem here:

$myCalendar->setIcon("$config->urls->templates_php/calendar/images/iconCalendar.png");

Try doing it this way instead:

$myCalendar->setIcon("{$config->urls->templates}_php/calendar/images/iconCalendar.png");

Of course that would only work if the path for this particular icon is /site/templates/_php/calendar/images/iconCalendar.png.

Hello Teppo and Apeisa,

Yes, the calendar I'm using is not part of processwire. I have this file in the inner html (I dont know how you call this honestly) so I will place a picture of my path. I already tried the code you told me:

<td>
<?php
$myCalendar->setIcon("{$config->urls->templates}_php/calendar/images/iconCalendar.png");
$myCalendar->setPath("{$config->urls->templates}_php/calendar/");
?>
</td>

I will upload two pictures. One with the result I have once I put this code and the desired effect. Form.calender is how I have it working with the same path on my html/css. Form.code is the result after placing your code+

I will upload two pictures. One with the result I have once I put this code and the desired effect. Form.calender is how I have it working with the same path on my html/css. Form.code is the result after placing the same code into the CMS and placing the code above.

I just dont understand why it doesnt work if on my html/css and seen with MAMP its perfect and once applying it into processwire it doesnt work. Its a php file which has nothing to do with processwire...

Really, thank you for the help!

post-663-0-95533900-1347351075_thumb.png

post-663-0-66518300-1347351273_thumb.png

post-663-0-98413800-1347351283_thumb.png

Maybe it helps but I just observed that at the begginingn of the html I have this code to initialize calendar:

<?php
require_once('_php/calendar/classes/tc_calendar.php');
?>

I;ve tried to put {$config->urls->templates} in all cases and it still does not work correctly. Therefore there are three url inside a php which are giving me problems. I thought that I didnt had to do anything with the url as its inside the php I dont need to redirect it with {$config->urls->templates}.

i really dont know how to follow up... Thanks if somebody can help me.

There's two configs for urls and paths.

$config->urls->... returns web urls

$config->paths->... returns web server path

Mainly for frontend code like including css and script or image you would need ->urls

For including libraries or using file_exists, you can take ->paths

Also check out the cheatsheet I've done, that will give good reference over the api. http://www.processwire.com/api/cheatsheet/

• Like 1

I write here to let you know I found an answer to my problem so if anybody has something similar look here.

First of all you don't need to add any prefix inside a path inside a php created by you. It works as the path written by you. So adding {$config->urls->templates}. before the path doesnt make any difference. My problem was the following...

I learnt that a php process cannot occur inside the templates folder. Basically what you need to do is to put the folder with the process, so in my case folder _php containing all the relevant data, outside this folder. For example as I did inside /site/. Redirect the path and everything should work.

Dani

P.D. Really thanks to everybody who helped. Especially the cheatsheet you sent. All that is very valuable data.