karenthomasphotography.com

benbyf

one thing that i would find difficult from the perspective of UI, is that if you click on an image, you lose all context of where you are at, scrolled down – the page scrolls to the top, and even if you close the larger image at the top, it doesn't put you back where you were – this results in an insane amount of vertical scrolling if you wanted to peruse the portfolio items. You may need to either add prev/next navigation to the opened image, or find some other way of presenting the detail of the images when clicked.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Macrura said:

this results in an insane amount of vertical scrolling if you wanted to peruse the portfolio items

+1 when it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Other times I have to wait for seconds for the scroll to top to begin.

Sometimes I also get in the console:

Spoiler

Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded.
    at window.onpopstate (js_bb655b9…_dev.js?no-cache=1511124498:396)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Macrura said:

one thing that i would find difficult from the perspective of UI, is that if you click on an image, you lose all context of where you are at, scrolled down – the page scrolls to the top, and even if you close the larger image at the top, it doesn't put you back where you were – this results in an insane amount of vertical scrolling if you wanted to peruse the portfolio items. You may need to either add prev/next navigation to the opened image, or find some other way of presenting the detail of the images when clicked.

Think your right, but part of the design decession was from the client trying to produce a site which was mostly about seeing all the images fast, rather than doing a lot of zooming in to an image.

@szabesz what browser are you seeing that on?

3 hours ago, adrian said:

Great looking site, but clicking the images doesn't work for me:

5a1265710434e_ScreenShot2017-11-19at9_16_11PM.thumb.png.165ed3675f03de6502e401ab3328e09a.png

thanks, will fix now.

• 2 months later...
On 19/11/2017 at 6:01 PM, Macrura said:

This has now been addressed.

I've also spent some time spedning up the load of the site by lazy loading alot of the images, however I havent found a nice way of this playing well with Isotope, but works well enough currently.

• Like 2

On 22/01/2018 at 7:34 PM, Macrura said:

i have at least 1 site using jquery unveil.js in combo with isotope and works perfectly

any tips, it causes a strange little jump or reflow of layout when a new image comes in for me.