Hi @adrian on mobile at the moment, I will look into these reports as soon as possible - which will probably be tomorrow evening. Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi @adrian

19 hours ago, adrian said:

Not sure if you can do anything about this. wireMailSMTP's changelog is not being parsed properly is it?

That would depend which page you are viewing it from. If you are just looking at the changelog from the module information page - without doing an upgrade or install, then it looks like it should based on the underlying markdown. If you are seeing this from an upgrade/install page, then I would expect version markers in there. Perhaps I've missed something though, what do you think is wrong with it?

19 hours ago, adrian said:

Also, you have a Tracy bd() call on line 702.

OT, but any reason you prefer: \TD::barDump() to bd() ?

Right, I've removed the call in the next version. Thanks for the catch.

I've stuck with using the verbose version of the call as I had trouble with getting the abbreviated calls to work in an earlier (much earlier) version of TD.

21 hours ago, adrian said:

Just saw this when upgrading AOS. Doesn't seem right.

Yep, it wasn't. Please could you try 0.10.3 - I think it should be OK now.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, netcarver said:

Perhaps I've missed something though, what do you think is wrong with it?

I think it's probably just because the changelog file for wireMailSMTP uses 

+    0.3.0  fixed code that broke backward compatibility for PW 2.4 and 2.5, brought in with the config cosmetics (0.2.6)

+    0.2.7  @abdus fixed smtp password not saving

whereas other modules seem to use:

### 1.7.0 (2017-12-12)

- fix suppressing the "required" icon in the template editor (by reported by Robin S)

### 1.6.9 (2017-12-12)

- PR merge: Different size buttons when editing a page #80 (by gmclelland)

3 minutes ago, netcarver said:

Yep, it wasn't. Please could you try 0.10.3 - I think it should be OK now.

Yep, looks great now - thanks!

RIght, I see what you mean about the format.  Hmm. Let me have a ponder about this - I'm not sure I want to support every possible format of changelog, yet if I simplify the regex too much, we may end up with false markup insertions. Anyway, it's not a particularly big problem on the galactic scale of things :) 

• Like 2

Im not fixed with this format. I can change to the more common format if that helps out.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, horst said:

Im not fixed with this format. I can change to the more common format if that helps out.

Same here, if someone tells the recommended format for version numbering I'll stick to that in my modules.

• Like 3

@horst There's a pull request on your module that should update the formatting of the Changelog to allow it to be parsed by the existing code in my module. I've also fixed a couple of issues with the Markdown in the readme file as well. I hope this helps.

As long as the changelog markdown is of the following format, markers should be correctly inserted...

# Changelog  // this line is optional - not needed, but if it is present it is sliced off and presented left justified above the versions.

## {version string} {optional information, usually the release date} // H2 - github will style this with a bottom border
- Change 1
- Change 2

- or -

### {version string} {optional information, usually the release date} // H3 - github will style this without a bottom border
- Change 1
- Change 2

@tpr

There was a bug in the way I was comparing versions. You should be able to stick with whatever formatting you prefer. That said, I think there is more flexibility with string versioning than using integers. With string versioning you should be able to have deep version if you'd like - "0.7.8.1" or "1.5.2dev" are all possible. I'll be moving my modules over to string versions as and when I update them from now on.

• Like 4

Not sure how to handle this (or how important it is), but if a repo has commits that are not tagged with a release, they don't show up anywhere in the "What's Changed". For example I have committed several updates to Tracy that are all about documentation and none of these commits are listed even though they will be included in the user's download if they upgrade. In this case it's fine because none of these affect functionality. What if a dev committed a breaking change but forgot to tag the commit? Should there simply be a warning that there are untagged commits since the last tagged one so you know to take a look on Github, or should those commit log entries be listed above the tagged commits?

Any thoughts?

Well, I still want to extend the breaking change search to apply to the text of commit messages. Currently the search is only applied to the changelog (if any.)  I think extending the search for breaking changes and simply highlighting where a breaking change phrase occurs is probably enough.

• Like 1

Steve, what do you think of including "beta" in a version number, eg: '1.2.0 beta'

I am wondering about this for both new modules and also those that have received a new feature or some other changes that you think take it from it's listed "stable" status back to "beta". I am thinking this might be good as a warning to users not update on a live site without thoroughly testing their use case.

So do you think this is a good idea in general, and do you think it would be worth having this module highlight version numbers with a new beta designation?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Robin S
      Breadcrumb Dropdowns
      Adds dropdown menus of page edit links to the breadcrumbs in Page Edit.

Installation
      Install the Breadcrumb Dropdowns module. The module requires ProcessWire >= v3.0.83 and AdminThemeUikit.
      There is a checkbox option in the module config that determines if the breadcrumb dropdowns will include pages that the user does not have permission to edit.
      Features/details
      The module adds an additional breadcrumb item at the end for the currently edited page. That's because I think it's more intuitive for the dropdown under each breadcrumb item to show the item's sibling pages rather than the item's child pages. In the dropdown menus the current page and the current page's parents are highlighted in a crimson colour to make it easier to quickly locate them in case you want to edit the next or previous sibling page. If the option to include uneditable pages is selected then those pages are indicated by a reduced text opacity and the "not-allowed" cursor is shown on hover. There is a limit of 25 sibling pages per dropdown for performance reasons and to avoid the dropdown becoming unwieldy. Incompatibilities
      This module replaces the AdminThemeUikit::renderBreadcrumbs method so will potentially be incompatible with other modules that hook the same method.
      Known incompatible modules:
      AdminThemeBoss  
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/breadcrumb-dropdowns/
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/BreadcrumbDropdowns
    • By joshuag
      Hey guys, 
      Thought I would share a quick preview of Designme. A module we (Eduardo @elabx and I) are building for visually laying out your templates/edit screens. 🙂
      This is a really quick, zero polish screen grab. FYI. 
      Video #2 - UPDATE
      This new video shows the following features in Designme:
      Re-arranging fields via Drag & Drop Re-sizing fields via Dragging. Adjusting field settings - with live refresh. Working on "hidden" fields while Designme is active. Creating New fields. Deleting fields. Creating/Deleting Tabs. Dragging fields between tabs. Creating fieldsets. Tagging/Un-tagging fields. Fields without headers expand when hovered (like checkboxes). Live filtering of fields in the sidebar. Ability to adjust (all) Template settings without leaving Designme. Template File Tree Editing Template files source code with ACE Editor. Editing Multiple files with ACE Editor. (New Tabs) Saving files. Techie stuff Fields load their own js/css dependancies. *ready to use on creation (*most fields)  Everything happens via Ajax to ProcessPageEdit (via module + hooks). Designme has a JS api that you can use.  All actions trigger events.  We would love any detailed feedback on what you see so far. If you are interested in testing Designme. Let me know below. 🙂

Video #1. 

• By dreerr
      TemplateEnginePug (formally TemplateEngineJade)

This module adds Pug templates to the TemplateEngineFactory. It uses https://github.com/pug-php/pug to render templates.
      doctype html html(lang='en') head meta(http-equiv='content-type', content='text/html; charset=utf-8') title= $page->title link(rel='stylesheet', type='text/css', href=$config->urls->templates . 'styles/main.css') body include header.pug h1= $page->title if $page->editable() p: a(href=$page->editURL) Edit Project on GitHub: github.com/dreerr/TemplateEnginePug
      Project in modules directory: modules.processwire.com/modules/template-engine-pug/

For common problems/features/questions about the Factory, use the TemplateEngineFactory thread.

• By tpr
      ProcessNetteTester
      Run Nette Tester tests within ProcessWire admin.
      (continued from here)

Features
      AJAX interface for running Nette Tester tests, in bulk or manually display counter, error message and execution time in a table run all tests at once or launch single tests show formatted test error messages and report PHP syntax errors stop on first failed test (optional) hide passed tests (optional) display failed/total instead passed/total (optional) re-run failed tests only (optional) auto scroll (optional) include or exclude tests based on query parameters start/stop all tests with the spacebar reset one test or all tests (ctrl+click) https://modules.processwire.com/modules/process-nette-tester/
      https://github.com/rolandtoth/ProcessNetteTester
    • By bernhard
      Some of you might have followed the development of this module here: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/15524-previewdiscussion-rockdatatables/ . It is the successor of "RockDataTables" and requires RockFinder to get the data for the grid easily and efficiently. It uses the open source part of agGrid for grid rendering.

WHY?
      ProcessWire is awesome for creating all kinds of custom backend applications, but where it is not so awesome in my opinion is when it comes to listing this data. Of course we have the built in page lister and we have ListerPro, but none of that solutions is capable of properly displaying large amounts of data, for example lists of revenues, aggregations, quick and easy sorts by the user, instant filter and those kind of features. RockGrid to the rescue 😉 

Features/Highlights:
      100k+ rows Instant (client side) filter, search, sort (different sort based on data type, eg "lower/greater than" for numbers, "contains" for strings) extendable via plugins (available plugins at the moment: fullscreen, csv export, reload, batch-processing of data, column sum/statistics, row selection) all the agGrid features (cell renderers, cell styling, pagination, column grouping etc) vanilla javascript, backend and frontend support (though not all plugins are working on the frontend yet and I don't plan to support it as long as I don't need it myself)  
      Limitations:
      While there is an option to retrieve data via AJAX the actual processing of the grid (displaying, filtering, sorting) is done on the client side, meaning that you can get into troubles when handling really large datasets of several thousands of rows. agGrid should be one of the most performant grid options in the world (see the official example page with a 100k row example) and does a lot to prevent problems (such as virtual row rendering), but you should always have this limitation in mind as this is a major difference to the available lister options that do not have this limitation.
      Currently it only supports AdminThemeUikit and I don't plan to support any other admin theme.

Download: https://gitlab.com/baumrock/RockGrid
      Installation: https://gitlab.com/baumrock/RockGrid/wikis/Installation
      Quikckstart: https://gitlab.com/baumrock/RockGrid/wikis/quickstart
      Further instructions: https://gitlab.com/baumrock/RockGrid/wikis/quickstart#further-instructions

Module status: alpha, License: MIT
      Note that every installation and uninstallation sends an anonymous google analytics event to my google analytics account. If you don't want that feel free to remove the appropriate lines of code before installation/uninstallation.

Contribute:
      You can contribute to the development of this and other modules or just say thank you by
      testing, reporting issues and making PRs at gitlab liking this post buying me a drink: paypal.me/baumrock/5 liking my facebook page: facebook.com/baumrock hiring me for pw work: baumrock.com  
      Support: Please note that this module might not be as easy and plug&play as many other modules. It needs a good understanding of agGrid (and JavaScript in general) and it likely needs some looks into the code to get all the options. Please understand that I can not provide free support for every request here in the forum. I try to answer all questions that might also help others or that might improve the module but for individual requests I offer paid support for 60€ per hour.

Changelog
      180711 bugfix (naming issue) 180630 alpha realease  
      Use Cases / Examples:
      Colored grid cells, Icons, Links etc. The Grid also has a "batcher" feature built in that helps communicating with the server via AJAX and managing resource intensive tasks in batches:

Filters, PW panel links and instant reload on panel close:

You can combine the grid with a chart library like I did with the (outdated) RockDataTables module: