Online Store - Yellow Ro's Creations

cstevensjr

IMG_0436.thumb.PNG.6eaf1e121c24945917536c7d671c0e99.PNGIMG_0439.thumb.PNG.c17a374430a6352feb671e626010d552.PNG

This is the first collaborative project that my wife and myself have worked together on.  The goal was simple --- Create a public online experience that showed off the "Custom Artisan" jewelry that she has made for years.

https://yellowrosecreations.biz

The website is built around an e-commerce platform.  Through ongoing work with a new client of mine, I had gotten to know about Ecwid as an e-commerce solution that was tied in closely in with Square (a financial services, merchant services aggregator and mobile payment company).  My work with Ecwid for the past few months afforded me with the opportunity to get this web project up and online in no time.  Let me be clear, while this e-commerce solution works fine, our long term goal is to use Padloper for the online store.  That long term goal is more about controlling where our data resides and being able to freely enhance the total shopping experience.  I already know that a solution based on ProcessWire will give us the ultimate e-commerce flexibility.

The great thing about the ProcessWire platform is that there are numerous tools that enable you to get things done.  To my delight, I discovered that using the Hanna Code module allowed me to easily integrate Ecwid (which actually means e-commerce widget) code into a ProcessWire website. I will write a separate article about how that works at a later time. 

The website makes use of the UnSemantic Responsive CSS grid with Zurb Foundation components added/mixed in.  This is an unconventional combination to use, but it works for us.  

On the ProcessWire side, there were a few critical modules that contributed to gettng this website online:

• TextformatterHannaCode
  • ProcessDatabaseBackups
  • CronjobDatabaseBackup
  • AdminLinksInFrontend
  • ProCache
  • FormBuilder
  • PrevNextTabs
  • WireMailSmtp
  • ImportPagesCSV
  • ProcessEmailToPage
  • MarkupProcesswirePhotoswipe

Hanna Code snippets were used throughout to populate the Ecwid Online Shopping Bag, the Ecwid Main Online Store, different Ecwid Product Category Listings, the green Foundation Buttons in the website sidebar and some other webiste features.

ProcessWire Page Table and Page Reference fields were instrumental in generating the product descriptions that are used on the Ecwid Online Store.  Each jewelry item has it's own page within ProcessWire that can be later used with the Padloper e-commerce solution.

yrcw-be1.thumb.png.86579a19ed83ffae1a486712ecf6aa39.png

On the backend side, we were able to create a repository page that keeps track of each product, SKU, pricing and their current disposition status related to the Online Store.

yrcw-be2.thumb.png.1e6cf483b511dd15825272e8dd063e3d.png

This has been a fun and fascinating project to work on.  It took us a few weeks to get everything worked out. As I have said before, ProcessWire makes projects of this type possible because you are not limited by the front-end framework you can use.  Even when there are not dedicated modules to incorporate a feature that you like, this platform and it's openness allows you to do things that are impossible to do on other systems.  It just takes a little ingenuity, planning and time on your part to make things work.

IMG_0437.PNG

IMG_0438.PNG

IMG_0440.PNG

IMG_0441.PNG

IMG_0448.PNG

IMG_0449.PNG

IMG_0450.PNG

IMG_0451.PNG

• Like 12

1 hour ago, adrian said:

Hi @cstevensjr - nice looking site and story. I hope it proves successful for you wife.

One small thing - I noticed that all the links in the sidebar open in a new tab - I assume that this isn't intentional?

Cheers,
Adrian

Thanks.  I will have a look at the links.

• 1 year later...