ksymmons

Multilingual blog with multilingual date field

Hi,

I'm creating a multilingual blog for a client. I'm using Multi-language fields, and it's working great. Essentially, there are two versions of each article: one in English and one in Spanish. 

Now, I've created a Datetime field with a "Date/time picker" so that they can add a publication date (no time) to their blog entries. I want the month part of the date to be displayed in whatever language the article is being displayed in. Let's take the following example:

1) "Un artículo de ejemplo", accessible via example.com/un-articulo-de-ejemplo/
2) "A sample article", accessible via example.com/en/a-sample-article/

In this example, for article number 1 I want the date to be "12 ene 2017", and for article number 2 I want it to be "12 jan 2017". In other words, the same format for both languages, but localised. And for some reason, I seem unable to do so and dates are always displayed in English.

Here's the code I'm using to display the date field:

<?= $post->publication_date; ?>

How can I get this to work? Thanks.

date-conf-2.png

date-conf.png

editor.png

It turns out the culprit was that I misspelled the locale name in this translation file:

/wire/modules/LanguageSupport/LanguageSupport.module

Essentially, I had en_GB.UTF8 and es_ES.UTF8 instead of en_GB.UTF-and es_ES.UTF-8, that is , I forgot the hyphen.

I know it's quite silly, but I'm posting this here just in case someone else runs into a similar issue.

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Elchin
      Hi.
      I want select pages where now between date and end_date or now bigger than date and end_date is empty.
      I have five tried variants:
      $start = strtotime(date('Y-m-d') . " 00:00:00"); $results = $page->children("foo=(date<$start,date_end=''),bar=(date<$start,date_end>=$start),sort=-date,limit=12"); $start = strtotime(date('Y-m-d') . " 00:00:00"); $results = $page->children("date<$start,(date_end='',date_end>=$start),sort=-date,limit=12"); $start = strtotime(date('Y-m-d') . " 00:00:00"); $results = $page->children("date_end=''|date_end>=$start,date<$start,sort=-date,limit=12"); $start = strtotime(date('Y-m-d') . " 00:00:00"); $results = $page->children("!date_end|date_end>=$start,date<$start,sort=-date,limit=12"); $start = strtotime(date('Y-m-d') . " 00:00:00"); $results = $page->children("date_end>=$start|!date_end,date<$start,sort=-date,limit=12"); All this variants not worked for me and returned zero results.
    • By MateThemes
      Hello everyone.
      I have a question that i can't find a way to solve.
      I have following function in _uikit.php 
      $date = $page->get('date|createdStr'); $dateModified = $page->get('datemodified'); But I need to output the $date in to different formats.
      My further function looks like this
      // return the blog post article markup return " <div> <article class='uk-article blog-post $class'> <meta property='name' content='$page->title'> <meta property='author' typeof='Person' content='Arra Lifte Harmanschlag'> <meta property='dateModified' content='$dateModified'> <meta property='datePublished' content='$date'> <meta class='uk-margin-remove-adjacent' property='articleSection' content='News'> <div property='image' typeof='ImageObject'> $featuredBlogPostImage </div> $heading <ul class='mt25 uk-margin-remove-bottom uk-subnav uk-subnav-divider'> <li class='uk-article-meta'> <time datetime='$date'>$byline</time> </li> </ul> <div class='mt25' property='text'> $body </div> </article> </div> "; Now I need to output the meta property in this format 2019-03-02CET05:23:00 and then a normal date format that is displayed on the Homepage with 2. März 2019 without time.
      Can anybody help me?
      Thanks in advance.
    • By Eunico Cornelius
      I am trying to get the strftime format from the function convertDateFormat(). However, the output has $ signs in it which i cannot use in strftime.(example of conversion : $d/$m/%Y what strftime actually uses: %d/%m/%Y). Am I in the wrong here or is there some way to format strftime? Thank you in advance :).
    • By fbg13
      When echoing a date field directly from the $user variable
      echo $user->date;  the timestamp is printed. Using
      echo $users->get($user->id)->date; prints the correct formated value.
      Is this a bug or or intended?
    • By MilenKo
      Hello all.
      I am trying to find a way to have a query with all pages that were published on a specific date (today for example). I read a few posts where people had a specific date field and were limitting the results by that, however is there a way to filter results without a specific date field? As far as I am able to publish the timestamp using $page->created logically I should be able to filter by the result of it? What is the best way to accomplish a filter for a day, week, month etc.?