Usage of own php interfaces in modules possible?

blynx

Hi,

is there a way to implement own interfaces to processwire modules?

I am working on some new "submodules" (putting some optional sub-functionality into modules) and I thought it would be nice if they complied to an interface.

I am requiring the interface file in the main module file. Now, the installation of the new sub-module fails with Interface 'ProcessWire\MarkupPwpswpGalleryInterface' not found.
... hm. Any ideas?

cheers
Steffen

51 minutes ago, blynx said:

I am requiring the interface file in the main module file. Now, the installation of the new sub-module fails with Interface 'ProcessWire\MarkupPwpswpGalleryInterface' not found.

If I understand correctly you require the interface in the main module, but not in the sub module were you implement it.

Maybe you need to require it in the sub module.

Interesting topic! I'm very curious if/how this will work (if you get past the not found issues.).

Is this of any help?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3704841/php-interface-problem-class-not-found

Back to ProcessWire, the   processwire/wire/core/Module.php file has some important documentation at the top about requirements for modules, e.g. modules need to implement the module interface, etc. 

That should work - but that would kinda eliminate the use of it for me.
I Just try to find a way for others to make  those kind of modules. So the interface should have been some guide for that.

Butttt: Actually it's nothing big and I do hardly need it aaaaand: These submodules extend this one base submodule now which implements the interface already and therefore the functions are already implemented there and can be used by extending modules. So ... ... ... 

Ah, message incoming while typing ... thanks kongondo, but I think a problem like that was already solved.
In the beginning I had a typo and got an error thrown that the interface was not found or something like that. Corrected it and the processwire module list worked fine. Then, the error occurred when installing the modules.

So I thought when installing modules the main module is probably not loaded yet and the interface fails?

The setup:

MarkupTheModule -- is already installed and includes the interface
MarkupSubmodule -- not installed yet, one of those submodules which can be used by TheModule, should implement interface
MarkupSubmoduleB ...
MarkupSubmoduleC ...

#+ä+0ad :-[ ASdsdjfgs dgiguh 

aha. So I tested some things after I wrote down the setup and it actually works now. So I must have missed something.

*blush*

edit

Mhm! Maybe what I was looking for are abstract classes ...