Non SuperUser can't upload Images: Unexpected token

gonzz

Hi i'm having a recurrent problem I found on this forum: when using the image uploader I get the following error on console "Unexpected token < in JSON". But I couldn't solve it with any of the other proposed solutions:

• setting debug to true
  • setting $config->uploadTmpDir = dirname(__FILE__) . '/assets/uploads/';
  • setting uploadTmpDir in php.ini

BUT This problem only appears for non superuser users (ie editors).

Running on a Digitial Ocean Server with NGINX and PHP 7.1. Version is ProcessWire 3.0.62

Note: Im using Fredi plugin, but i doubt that's the problem because I'm using it in other sites with no problem

Any idea how i could solve this (even with non ajax image upload) I need to sort this as fast and simple as possible :)

Thanks in advance

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By quickjeff
      Hi Everyone, 
      As many of you know, iPhone photos save in .heic unless the user changes the settings in their phone. 
      We have built a web app on top of processwire in which a user can save images from their phone. 
      The issue we are having is that there seems to be an error when uploading and saving. 
      The .heic files won't save and processwire throws an error. The environment is LAMP (Bitnami and all libraries have been installed to support this.) 
      Checking to see if someone has also encountered this here and how they solved it.
      Thanks. 
    • By Aswincs
      Here are the step by step to install and setup ProcessWire with the help of a server management tool - https://cloudstick.io/
      1. Create your Vultr compute.

2. Select the Operating system Ubuntu 16.04/18.04/20.04 LTS >> Enter your server root password then click on Deploy now!

3. Create an account in CloudStick and connect your server:

Click on connect server >> Enter your server login details >> Add this server.

4. Your server setup will be done in couple of minutes - The setup will finish less than 8 minutes. Then select your server:

5. Create an account to host/upload ProcessWire: Click on Accounts >> Create an account >> Create Custom Web application:

6. Enter the web application details, such as the email address which you would like to receive the SFTP login details >> web application name >> Domain name >> username then >> select the web application stack >> nginx + apache >> then create web application. 

7. Now select the web application then install SSL: 
      8. Open your email account, and find the login details to connect the server over SFTP >> then upload the source code of ProcessWire:

9. Let us open the domain in browser once the upload finish.

10. Select the profile and click next:

11. Click next to proceed further: Now, you will see an incompatibility issue with PDO-Mysql which can be install in 2 clicks.

12. Go back to the summary page >> Click on easy PHP >> Select the PHP version of your web account:

13. Then it is time to enable PDO_Mysql, scroll down and enable it:

14. Go back to to the ProcessWire installation URL and click on check again >> You can see no incompatibility issue after enabling PDO_Mysql:

15. Click on Next and now it is time to enter the database credentials:

16. let us create the database, db user and grant privilege's to the db user - it is just matter of few clicks and very easy! 
      Click on the menu Accounts >> Select your web account of ProcessWire >> Click on App Database then create the a database:

17: Click on create database and enter the database name:

18. Create the database user:

19: Go back to the database page and click on Grant user then grant permission:

20. Go back to the ProcessWire installation URL and enter the database credentials you have created in CloudStick dashboard.
      Now, it is time to setup your admin user credentials and setup admin area URL:

21. Then you are done:

• By prestoav
      Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help here.
      I've just moved a new site from my development server account over (where the site was working fine for the client to edit content pre-launch) to the client's final hosting account and the live site is all fine. However, while most edits can be done without an issue, image uploads in admin cannot. I know this has been an issue before but, having trawled the posts about it and suggested esolutions I still can't resolve it on their host.

PW Version: 3.0.123
      PHP version: 7.3.20
      max_execution_time 160
      max_upload_size 256M
      GD Library is enabled

Looking at the console data it looks like the AJAX request from the image upload is getting a 403 error which is suggesting a permissions issue? First we get this on console:

?id=1169&s=1&c=1:1 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0 Then, the AJAX request:

https://*******/admin/page/edit/?&id=1169&InputfieldFileAjax=1 Gets a 403 according to Chrome Dev Tools > Network XHR. Also, the response is empty.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the directory that deals with this and what the permission should be to allow it or indeed any other fix / area to investigate?

Thanks so much for your help.

• By Spiria
      I am writing here instead of the ProCache forum because I have the impression that several nginx experts could solve this. In its new version, Procache proposes new .htaccess rules that are difficult to translate into nginx rules. We currently have a problem with the trailing slash of URLs which gives us a bad score in SEO analysis tools such as semrush.com. 
      Indeed, a canonical URL is either without or with "/", but cannot be served by both options. Although ProcessWire without ProCache respects this rule, ProCache has no difficulty serving both, which is considered an SEO optimisation fault. I believe that ProCache version 2 solves this problem with these new rules, but I can't understand the following. Does anyone have any idea how to translate this into a nginx rule?
      Attached also the whole proposed .htaccess for ProcessWire.
      # PROCACHE v2/31885be14d6cfb4b2b0d3e533260bded -------------------------------------------------- RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} !=POST RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !.*=.* RewriteRule ^.*/$ - [E=pwpcstep:pour,E=pwpcname:index] RewriteCond %{ENV:pwpcstep} "=pour" RewriteCond %{HTTP_COOKIE} !^.*(wire_challenge|wires_challenge).*$ RewriteRule ^.*/$ - [E=pwpcstep:stir,E=pwpcpath:%{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/site/assets/ProCache-00478359c5e65dbada1075bfbd4] RewriteCond %{ENV:pwpcstep} "=stir" RewriteCond %{ENV:pwpcpath}/$0/%{ENV:pwpcname}.html -f RewriteRule ^.*$ - [E=pwpcstep:drink,E=pwpcfile:$0/%{ENV:pwpcname}.html] RewriteCond %{ENV:pwpcstep} "=drink" RewriteRule ^(.*) %{ENV:pwpcpath}/%{ENV:pwpcfile} [L] <ifModule mod_headers.c> Header set X-PWPC "ProCache" env=pwpcstep Header set X-Powered-By "ProcessWire CMS, ProCache" env=pwpcstep </ifModule> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} "^/~?[-_.a-zA-Z0-9/]*$" # /PROCACHE -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
      .htaccess-procache
    • By anttila
      I have a new server and wanted to use nginx. However, I have two ProcessWire websites which does not let me do anything. I'll get this error every time when I try to change something and sometimes when logging in. Deleted all caches already from ProcessWire and browser. This also happens after installing new ProcessWire and all directories were owned by www-data.
      I also have two working websites without any problems and all these four uses same kind of setting on nginx config. I don't understand why some of those working fine and some not.
      Running Debian 10, MariaDB 10.3.22, PHP 7.4, nginx 1.14.2
      This request was aborted because it appears to be forged. #0 /sites/clients/clientname/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageTrash.module(49): ProcessWire\SessionCSRF->validate() #1 /sites/clients/clientname/wire/core/Wire.php(380): ProcessWire\ProcessPageTrash->___execute() #2 /sites/clients/clientname/wire/core/WireHooks.php(823): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod() #3 /sites/clients/clientname/wire/core/Wire.php(450): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks() #4 /sites/clients/clientname/wire/core/ProcessController.php(337): ProcessWire\Wire->__call() #5 /sites/clients/clientname/wire/core/Wire.php(380): ProcessWire\ProcessController->___execute() #6 /sites/clients/clientname/wire/core/WireHooks.php(823): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod() #7 /sites/clients/clientname/wire/core/Wire.php(450): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks() #8 /sites/clients/clientname/wire/core/admin.php(150): ProcessWire\Wire->__call() #9 /sites/clients/clientname/wire/modules/AdminTheme/AdminThemeDefault/controller.php(13): require('/sites/clients/...') #10 /sites/clients/clientname/site/templates/admin.php(15): require('/sites/clients/...') #11 /sites/clients/clientname/wire/core/TemplateFile.php(318): require('/sites/clients/...') #12 /sites/clients/clientname/wire/core/Wire.php(380): ProcessWire\TemplateFile->___render() #13 /sites/clients/clientname/wire/core/WireHooks.php(823): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod() #14 /sites/clients/clientname/wire/core/Wire.php(450): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks() #15 /sites/clients/clientname/wire/modules/PageRender.module(536): ProcessWire\Wire->__call() #16 /sites/clients/clientname/wire/core/Wire.php(383): ProcessWire\PageRender->___renderPage() #17 /sites/clients/clientname/wire/core/WireHooks.php(823): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod() #18 /sites/clients/clientname/wire/core/Wire.php(450): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks() #19 /sites/clients/clientname/wire/core/WireHooks.php(924): ProcessWire\Wire->__call() #20 /sites/clients/clientname/wire/core/Wire.php(450): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks() #21 /sites/clients/clientname/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageView.module(213): ProcessWire\Wire->__call() #22 /sites/clients/clientname/wire/core/Wire.php(383): ProcessWire\ProcessPageView->___execute() #23 /sites/clients/clientname/wire/core/WireHooks.php(823): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod() #24 /sites/clients/clientname/wire/core/Wire.php(450): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks() #25 /sites/clients/clientname/index.php(55): ProcessWire\Wire->__call() #26 {main}