Website so Slowly when visit at first time

Ahmad

I'm building a site and i noticed that loading time is very slow when we enter the site address for the first time. It takes about 1 minute or more  just to start loading files and displaying the content. 

However, after that period it's very fast and everything is ok. Once the page(s) is/are loaded, i can refresh them quickly and without any delay.

any one faced like this problem? and what can i do to resolve it.

more details:

ProcessWire 3.0.80

hosted type: VPS

this message appear in admin dashboard: " Warning: your server locale is undefined and may cause issues. Please add this to /site/config.php file (adjust “en_US.UTF-8” as needed): setlocale(LC_ALL,'en_US.UTF-8');"

The site: http://almanassah.net

Many of the images are taking a long time to load, for example,1021701976_1-1.1140x760.png takes 12.64 seconds.

You can add 

setlocale(LC_ALL,'en_US.UTF-8');

to your /site/config.php to remove that error. Use whatever locale is appropriate for you.

[edit]
You can use the browser dev tools > network tab to determine loading issue. It will help eliminate that issue should others exist.

Edited by rick
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rick said:

Many of the images are taking a long time to load, for example,1021701976_1-1.1140x760.png takes 12.64 seconds.

I agree with u, but the problem why it slowly when download the images, if u can see now i remove the slider it's the big images, now the website faster.

the really problem if u notice the logo it's take 1.1 minutes to full download, u can see the picture i attached. and the size of logo just 324 Byte.

2017-11-02_164219.jpg

All of the resources, css, js, images, and fonts are taking quite a while to load.

What type of hosting service is this site using, shared?

I am not familiar with modernizer. Can you temporarily disable it and see if that helps any?

I'm just thinking out loud about eliminating a possible cause one at a time.

• Like 1

What DomContentLoaded mean?

and why it's talk 27 second in my website ? how can reduce it.

another question i notice my website doesn't showing any content until it finished load all content hidden. how can resolve that?

7 minutes ago, rick said:

All of the resources, css, js, images, and fonts are taking quite a while to load.

What type of hosting service is this site using, shared?

I am not familiar with modernizer. Can you temporarily disable it and see if that helps any?

I'm just thinking out loud about eliminating a possible cause one at a time.

i use vps

10 minutes ago, Ahmad said:

What DomContentLoaded mean?

and why it's talk 27 second in my website ? how can reduce it.

another question i notice my website doesn't showing any content until it finished load all content hidden. how can resolve that?

i use vps

As far as the content not displaying until it loads, it might be due to your apear.js file. It appears that modernizer is not defined (since you removed it), and your plugins.js file is depending on modernizer.

• Thanks 1

Try to load JS+CSS without AIOM. It takes over 3 seconds to load... Also, load the Font Awesome fonts locally, not from remote.

First time to byte is abysmal: over 5 seconds (until ready for interaction: 9s).

pagespeed.PNG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dragan said:

Try to load JS+CSS without AIOM. It takes over 3 seconds to load... Also, load the Font Awesome fonts locally, not from remote.

First time to byte is abysmal: over 5 seconds (until ready for interaction: 9s).

pagespeed.PNG

Thanks, i will try now.

if used lazy load it's resolve the problem ?

and how can active gzip? i tried to activate it in vps and by use htaccess but faild.

and what's the website u used to analytics of speed?