Alfandega Porto Congress Centre

heldercervantes

Hello team PW!

Here's another one, for the best Congress Centre in the world, in the most beautiful city in the world!

http://www.ccalfandegaporto.com/en/

This site was initially developed in 2015 using a proprietary CMS from the previous agency. In late 2016 some changes were requested, new languages and a few tweaks, and I took the oportunity to migrate it in PW. Most of the frontend was kept, save for a smaller improvement here and there.

As you'd probably guess, having used the proprietary CMS and jumping to PW, the client was blown away by the new admin area.

Note that content translations are a work in progress.

• Like 4

Nice site, Helder!

Beautiful place indeed. I'm going to Lisbon to attend the Websummit. If you be there, maybe you can grab a beer and talk about PW. :)

PS: the button "sobre nos" on the hero has the wrong link. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2017 at 5:39 AM, heldercervantes said:

Hello team PW!

Here's another one, for the best Congress Centre in the world, in the most beautiful city in the world!

Nice site. Saudades! I met my wife in Porto and loved the place even though it's almost the antipodes of where I live.

Processwire certainly lends itself to redeveloping sites. I inherited a tediously slow Concrete 5 site some time ago and found it easy to convert to Processwire. I also had a lot of old sites I'd built with a proprietary CMS I'd developed myself from way back before Wordpress was a thing.

I love the way Processwire gets out of your way and lets you build whatever site structure you want without imposing itself. It makes adapting existing sites easy.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kiwi Chris said:

Processwire certainly lends itself to redeveloping sites.

It certainly does. This was my second one. I literally took the resources folder, view-sourced (just made that a verb) the old site, cleaned up the HTML and added fields to fill it in. More could have been made to improve the HTML and there's a lot in the frontend that I'd have done differently, but we wouldn't want this migration to cost as much as a completely new site :)