Verride Palace Hotel

heldercervantes

One thing I noticed while browsing this wonderful site. The header logo is cropped and the menu options move off screen when scrolling. See attached...

This is the landing page. I think there could be more contrast between the colors.
a.jpg.53c15b0433637ed580183daa419d6bcd.jpg

This is how it appears when you begin to scroll the page.
b.jpg.29cea16411eab1406b887f8f6419d806.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rick said:

The header logo is cropped and the menu options move off screen when scrolling.

Whoa, that's not supposed to happen. Mind telling me what you're browsing with?

I hear you on the contrast. The super light font on the menu can be hard to read, but alas, I'm not in charge of design on this one.

Hi,

I see it on my (very) large screen (full height window) but only if the zoom is, for instance, 150% and with the development tools' panel opened - on chromium.
Same on Firefox, Opera, and Vivaldi.
All Linux.

So apparently it depends on the height of the window, on the top space taken vertically by each browser, on the zoom %, and on the development tool or Firebug panel's height.

Edit: adding max-height: 100%; to header .logo img {} could be a solution (works for different window widths).
But the Palácio Santa Catarina part will still appear (very small).

Edited by Christophe
Added information
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Robin S said:

That's an 11MB page you have there!

And just wondering: how come the map is an image (2MB alone) instead of a real map?

Yeah, it's become quite image heavy. This was initially published with temporary content (some 3d renders while the place was being restored), and now that the final photos are here and there's so much content, it makes sense to review the optimisation parameters.

The map is just another image block they're adding from the CMS.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/10/2017 at 9:19 PM, heldercervantes said:

The super light font on the menu can be hard to read

Understatement of the year. This is how I saw it:

59ff04cf2544b_ScreenShot2017-11-05at12_28_26.thumb.png.51836ad951a82cbed0ef6fb0034c6785.png

I'm guessing none of their guests are visually impaired. Come to think of it, I can't actually even read the logo properly.

• Like 1

On 06/11/2017 at 4:02 PM, gmclelland said:

Can you elaborate more on how you achieved this?  maybe some screenshots of the page editing?

The idea is quite simple:

1. You set up a repeater field with all the fields you'll need for each type of block. Title, body, images, single image... etc.
  2. You add another options field (I called it "type") and populate that with the names of the block types you'll need.
  3. For each other field (body, images...) you set up its visibility to show only when type is relevant.

The result should be a repeater, when you add a block the only field that shows up will be a drop-down for type, and when you choose that, the relevant fields appear.

Setting up a field's visibility:

image.png.7d162e51b3362bc8b74c79e4ab87aeb3.png

Adding a block before choosing type (ignore the other two fields, that's for something else):

image.png.18bf4003aa48811dc278e8d3209f5534.png

And after choosing type...

image.png.10dbed808057594279992310933325df.png

From the template, I'm just doing a foreach that goes through the repeater, then use the type field to decide what "sub-template" file to include. That keeps things neat and separated.

This can also be done with a RepeaterMatrix ProField, which simplifies this whole process. On a more recent project I'm currently working on I'm using that combined with field templates to achieve more or less the same effect.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1