Cannot reorder and save image order RESOLVED

a-ok

Hi folks,

I have about 250 images in an image field on a page, and there's about 6 pages. As you can imagine this is quite a lot of image data (but they are appropriately sized so each page of images is only about 30mb). The front-end works fine but in the backend when I try to reorder the images, it allows me to reorder them but when I click 'Save' the order goes back to the original order.

I had to use the API to upload these images as it was causing a few issues doing it through the interface.

Any thoughts or anything I can check?

That seems like a lot of images to store in an image field.  Looks like there might soon be some improvements to the file/image fields to support pagination.  See https://processwire.com/blog/posts/fieldtype-pagination/

There is also a request at https://github.com/processwire/processwire-requests/issues/106 for image grid mode to not include the image thumbnails in the image field.  That could help performance client side, but I'm not sure off hand why the reordering of your image fields aren't working.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kongondo said:

Did you see @Robin S's post above about max_input_vars? Did you try that? Do you have $config->debug set to true for debugging? Error messages? Error message in the dev console?

Yep... increased as well as other stuff too. I've enabled debugging to true but not returning any messages :(

I can edit other pages... just not these ones I've uploaded the images to via the API.

I think it's definitely to do with the amount of images... I've managed to add a new page alongside it, and make changes to that fine. If I duplicate one of the pages which has a lot of images on it... I can't edit it.

• a-ok changed the title to Cannot reorder and save image order RESOLVED