kongondo

Visual Studio Code for ProcessWire Developers

3 hours ago, kongondo said:

ah, thx - I have been using it some weeks ago but had no intellisense at that time so it was not that helpful. thx, this extension looks better on first sight than the one I linked

On 10/3/2018 at 4:28 PM, bernhard said:

I guess it is not possible to work via SSH FS at all, because the extension indexes all LOCAL workspace files on startup and then creates the intellisense.

from this github issue: https://github.com/bmewburn/vscode-intelephense/issues/135

Yes it is, Ben is currently working on implementing indexing server side which is requiring some additional architectural changes in the intelephense library.

So in a future release intelephense might also work server-side (if I understand this comment correctly)...

• Like 1

Any recommendations for a good color highlighting plugin? I want one that highlights the colors in my code (eg #afafaf should get grey), but I also want one where I can open a color picker. Or maybe two plugins? The ones that I have does not seem to work in .php files, for example.

Thx @AndZyk,

14 hours ago, AndZyk said:

The build in color highlighting and picker should work fine in CSS or HTML files.

Hm... There are situations where I also need it in my php or otherwhere. I'm now using this one: https://github.com/leehooi/vs-color-picker The nice thing about this is that you can pick the colors also from other applications (like an open browser's website background).

14 hours ago, AndZyk said:

Sorry for not being more helpful, I usually try to avoid using inline styles😉 

Yeah, good point. The reason for that is that I create the classes dynamically:
ncigXN8.png
g4YluuB.png

I then have the colorcode in my php wherever I need it and I can also create colors based on user input (color picker field) and have the proper classes for my RockGrid 🙂 

I have tried this extension before, but didn't like that it creates HTML tags too. Most of the time I just want the autocompletion of UIkit classes. Hopefully this will be added or someone else makes an extensions similar like the one for Sublime Text.

But if you don't have an issue with that, it is a good extension. 😉

• Like 1

Didn't see that and haven't tried it yet. But I guess you're right... I'll test it the other days 🙂

Does anybody of you know how one can make VSCode not display pw markup regions in alerting red?

xmkoJDR.png 

19 hours ago, Zeka said:

Thx, unfortunately this did not really help. It seems that this has something to do with the color theme. Some themes do invalid items red, others don't. Unfortunately I was not able to create a custom version of the default dark plus theme that only overrides the invalid token color setting. It seems to be not as easy as setting the option in the user settings. And copying the theme and overriding did not work for me.

Has anybody of you tried this before with success?

Tried that now but still have red <region> tags. Which version of VSCode are you running? I think there was an update that changed the tag grammar some time ago...

The latest version. But now I have noticed that with Material Theme that known HTML tags are highlighted red and custom HTML tags with a different red. 😀