Visual Studio Code for ProcessWire Developers

kongondo

3 hours ago, kongondo said:

ah, thx - I have been using it some weeks ago but had no intellisense at that time so it was not that helpful. thx, this extension looks better on first sight than the one I linked

On 10/3/2018 at 4:28 PM, bernhard said:

I guess it is not possible to work via SSH FS at all, because the extension indexes all LOCAL workspace files on startup and then creates the intellisense.

from this github issue: https://github.com/bmewburn/vscode-intelephense/issues/135

Yes it is, Ben is currently working on implementing indexing server side which is requiring some additional architectural changes in the intelephense library.

So in a future release intelephense might also work server-side (if I understand this comment correctly)...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any recommendations for a good color highlighting plugin? I want one that highlights the colors in my code (eg #afafaf should get grey), but I also want one where I can open a color picker. Or maybe two plugins? The ones that I have does not seem to work in .php files, for example.

Thx @AndZyk,

14 hours ago, AndZyk said:

The build in color highlighting and picker should work fine in CSS or HTML files.

Hm... There are situations where I also need it in my php or otherwhere. I'm now using this one: https://github.com/leehooi/vs-color-picker The nice thing about this is that you can pick the colors also from other applications (like an open browser's website background).

14 hours ago, AndZyk said:

Sorry for not being more helpful, I usually try to avoid using inline styles? 

Yeah, good point. The reason for that is that I create the classes dynamically:
ncigXN8.png
g4YluuB.png

I then have the colorcode in my php wherever I need it and I can also create colors based on user input (color picker field) and have the proper classes for my RockGrid ? 

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried this extension before, but didn't like that it creates HTML tags too. Most of the time I just want the autocompletion of UIkit classes. Hopefully this will be added or someone else makes an extensions similar like the one for Sublime Text.

But if you don't have an issue with that, it is a good extension. ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Zeka said:

Thx, unfortunately this did not really help. It seems that this has something to do with the color theme. Some themes do invalid items red, others don't. Unfortunately I was not able to create a custom version of the default dark plus theme that only overrides the invalid token color setting. It seems to be not as easy as setting the option in the user settings. And copying the theme and overriding did not work for me.

Has anybody of you tried this before with success?

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

Working now for several years with Sublime Text and lately I had made the decision to try out vscode and I must say that it is really cool.
Feels really fast like Sumblime Text.

I have a question about the code syntax highlighting. How can I say to vscode that it should treat *.module files as *.php files so that syntax highlighting of php is used for Modules?

Edit: Nevermind - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29973619/how-to-make-vs-code-to-treat-other-file-extensions-as-certain-language

Kind Regards
Orkun

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Which color themes are you using?

I'm still looking for the perfect theme for VSCode. This was the theme I used in my previous editor (Coda2 from Panic.inc) - it's called "Panic Palette". Not perfect but it has vivid colors and high contrast.

2138954445_Bildschirmfoto2019-01-27um12_13_11.thumb.png.a73b9ebee3cab82aabf0274d67bb5fe6.png

Until now I couldn't find a theme that matches my needs. The default VSCode theme is a bit too dim.

• 4 weeks later...

So, how's everyone?

Version Control

I finally started using VSC inbuilt version control, yipee! Thanks to @bernhard for the nudge. I got here after struggling to get a decent SourceTree replacement for Linux. 

Side Bar

I've been wanting to move the side bar to the right but never got round to it. Today, I finally did it...and I like it! Any right side bar people here ??

• Like 2