Macrura

Settings Factory

On 10/5/2020 at 8:26 AM, gmclelland said:

@gornycreative - If you are using Cloudflare - you may want to set some rules as seen here:

That's good. I was early on with cloudflare and have only recently gotten back into it to see how incredible their platform has grown to.

I had a pull the levers push the buttons fire drill prior to core updates but it looks like this may help that situation a lot! Thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jonatan
      So... I thought (for some stupid reason I can't even recall now no wait now I remember.. I wanted to hide the "Trash" for "editor" role users) that it'd be super duper smart to "Enable access control" for the field "process" on the admin template.... Really really stupid.... Now all I get is:

– when I go to mywebsitedomain.com/admin
      but.... my website domain.com and all its subpages works perfectly fine! So it's ONLY the /admin (processwire) which throws a 503 at me. 
      🥵🤯☠️💩😭😱
      S.O.S.
    • By Ivan Gretsky
      Most of us know and use site/config-dev.php file. If present, it is used instead of site/config.php, so it is easy to set database connection and debug mode for local development, not touching the production config. It is also very useful when working with git. You can simply ignore it in the .gitignore file, so local settings won’t end up in the repo.
      But sometimes you need to add code to site/ready.php or site/init.php just for the dev environment. For example, to add ryan’s super cool on demand images mirrorer. I can’t live without it when working with big sites, which have more assets then I want to download to my desktop.
      It would be great if there was something like site/ready-dev.php for this. Not out-of-the-box, but it’s pretty easy to achieve. Unlike site/config-dev.php, site/ready.php is not hardcoded. It’s name is set with a special config setting:
      // wire/config.php $config->statusFiles = array( 'boot' => '', 'initBefore' => '', 'init' => 'init.php', 'readyBefore' => '', 'ready' => 'ready.php', 'readySite' => '', 'readyAdmin' => '', 'render' => '', 'download' => '', 'finished' => 'finished.php', 'failed' => '', ); As you can see, we can not only define, which files are loaded on init, ready and finished runtime states, but probably even add more if we need to.
      So we override this setting in site/config-dev.php like this:
      // site/config-dev.php // Change ready.php to ready-dev.php $temp = $config->statusFiles; $temp['ready'] = 'ready-dev.php'; $config->statusFiles = $temp; For some reason we can’t just do
      $config->statusFiles['ready'] = 'ready-dev.php'; and have to override the whole array. Maybe you PHP gurus can explain this in the comments.
      Now we can create the site/ready-dev.php file and place all the dev-only code there. Important thing is to include the main site/ready.php.
      // site/ready-dev.php include 'ready.php'; // DEV HOOK TO MIRROR ASSETS ON DEMAND $wire->addHookAfter('Pagefile::url, Pagefile::filename', function($event) { $config = $event->wire('config'); $file = $event->return; if($event->method == 'url') { // convert url to disk path $file = $config->paths->root . substr($file, strlen($config->urls->root)); } if(!file_exists($file)) { // download file from source if it doesn't exist here $src = 'https://mysite.com/site/assets/files/'; $url = str_replace($config->paths->files, $src, $file); $http = new WireHttp(); try { $http->download($url, $file); } catch (\Exception $e) { bd($file, "Missing file"); } } }); Do not forget to replace "mysite.com" if you’re copypasting this))
      Now, add the newly created file to the `.gitignore` and we’re done.

# .gitignore # Ignore dev files site/config-dev.php site/ready-dev.php Thanks for reading!

• By MoritzLost
      Sorry for the convoluted title. I have a problem with Process modules that define a custom page using the page key through getModuleInfo (as demonstrated in this excellent tutorial by @bernhard). Those pages are created automatically when the module is installed. The problem is that the title of the page only gets set in the current language. That's not a problem if the current language (language of the superuser who is installing the module) is the default language; if it isn't, the Process page is missing a title in the default language. This has the very awkward effect that a user using the backend in the default language (or any other language) will see an empty entry in the setup menu:

This screenshot comes from my Cache Control module which includes a Process page. Now I realize the description sounds obscure, but for us it's a common setup: We a multiple bilingual sites where the default language is German and the second language is English. While the clients use the CMS in German, as a developer I prefer the English interface, so whenever I install a Process module I get this problem.
      As a module author, is there a way to handle this situation? I guess it would be possible to use post-installation hooks or create the pages manually, but I very much prefer the declarative approach. The page title is already translatable (through the __ function), but of course at the time of installation there is no translation, and as far as I'm aware it's not possible to ship translations with a module so they are used automatically. Could this situation be handled better in the core? I would prefer if the module installation process would always set the title of the Process page in the default language, instead of the language of the current user.
    • By MoritzLost
      Process Cache Control
      This module provides a simple solution to clearing all your cache layers at once, and an extensible interface to perform various cache-related actions.
      The simple motivation behind this module was that I was tired of manually clearing caches in several places after deploying a change on a live site. The basic purpose of this module is a simple Clear all caches link in the Setup menu which clears out all caches, no matter where they hide. You can customize what exactly the module does through it's configuration menu:
      Expire or delete all cache entries in the database, or selectively clear caches by namespace ($cache API) Clear the the template render cache. Clear out specific folders inside your site's cache directory (/site/assets/cache) Clear the ProCache page render cache (if your site is using ProCache) Refresh version strings for static assets to bust client-side browser caches (this requires some setup, see the full documentation for details). This is the basic function of the module. However, you can also add different cache management action through the API and execute them through the module's interface. For this advanced usage, the module provides:
      An interface to see all available cache actions and execute them. A system log and logging output on the module page to see verify what the module is doing. A CacheControlTools class with utility functions to clear out different caches. An API to add cache actions, execute them programmatically and even modify the default action. Permission management, allowing you granular control over which user roles can execute which actions. The complete documentation can be found in the module's README.
      Plans for improvements
      If there is some interest in this, I plan to expand this to a more general cache management solution. I particular, I would like to add additional cache actions. Some ideas that came to mind:
      Warming up the template render cache for publicly accessible pages. Removing all active user sessions. Let me know if you have more suggestions!
      Links
      https://github.com/MoritzLost/ProcessCacheControl ProcessCacheControl in the Module directory CHANGELOG in the repository Screenshots

• By alanxptm
      Hi, first time here.
      I've been working on my first site with PW and it has been a pleasure, I'm around 75% of structure and logic completion I think, and polishing some things now.
      My question is: I have a parent 'category' page that musn't be editable by the author role, but they must be able to add children 'post page' to the 'category'.
      I've been playing with the settings and can just let the author create childs if is able too to edit the parent category, so.. How can I do it?