Macrura

Settings Factory

Hi @Macrura

Do you have plans to support ML in your module?

I meen support of 

'useLanguages' => true,

in field config.

Eugene. 

@Zeka - as far as i know this module shouldn't prevent you from using languages, since you create the inputfields, and the module does not limit what you put in the config settings for any/each inputfield. Did  you test it already and find it not working (?), if so i can look and see if the issue is with the module, otherwise it should work the same as if you were creating module config settings..

@Macrura

Yes, I have tested it and only values for default language are saved. 

As far as I can see the issue is in the processForm method.

I'm not experienced with the multilanguage stuff; I'd have to research to see if there is a way to support it...

@Macrura
Just made pull request with some modifications to support ML and useLanguages. 
It's quite dirty, but works for me. Maybe you will find it useful.

• Like 2

Hey @Macrura,

I was surprised that the Process module didn't automatically create its own page, so I was a little lost for a minute or two, but otherwise looks great and looking forward to using it - thanks for the hard work!

Hi @adrian - thanks for testing this - hoping to submit to modules directory soon. In terms of the process page, i think it is better to not install any, because it may cause more confusion, since the name of the process page is important in the setup.. LMK if you have any ideas about that, or do you think it should install a starter settings page, but as an option?

I don't think it needs to be automatic, but perhaps the instructions could be expanded. Currently all they say is:

"Create your processes then enter a path to the json or php definition of the fields in the path field."

and that didn't initially make sense to me. I think spell it out:

1. Create a page under Admin (at the top level or under Setup if you prefer)

2. Save the page and then choose the ProcessSettingsFactory process from the dropdown.

3. Enter the path to youre settings file. Not sure using a placeholder is good the way you did - I actually thought it was already filled out with: settings/site-settings.php

I also think you should say included "samples", not examples, because of the folder they are stored in.

Hope that helps.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Macrura

I have several hooks to before/after TemplateFile render method and typically I can exclude PW backend like

$templateFile = $event->object;

if ($templateFile->page->template == 'admin') {
            return;
        }

or

if ($this->wire('page')->template->name == 'admin') {
	return;
}

But these checks fail for rendering settings pages and hooks are executed also for those template files in the admin panel and I get "PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object" as $this->wire('page') = null and there is no $event->object->page->template. 

I'm not sure that it is directly relative to SettingsFactory, so I would ask you to check this behavior.

i'm not following 100%; the module assumes you will want the settings everywhere (front/back).

I don't see $this->wire('page') anywhere in the module, can you provide more details?

By the way, the flowchart for the (non-process) module is like this:

(1) find all admin pages using ProcessSettingsFactory
(2) process each settings page and store the settings

(these 2 procedures run in the buildFactory() method which runs on init(); and this module is autoload).

This procedure might be able to be more optimized, but does ensure that any changes you make to your files (like adding inputfields) are reflected. Maybe checking the last mod date; or maybe a settings lock field on the process that prevents the file from being further processed and wirecache the array from the file;

@Macrura

For example, I have this hook in module

public function init()
{
  $this->addHookAfter('TemplateFile::render', $this, 'hookAfterTemplateRender');
}

public function hookAfterTemplateRender($event)
{
  if ($this->wire('page')->template->name == 'admin') {
  return;
  }

// some logic which I don't want in admin pages
}

You use WireRenderFIle which is the shortcut of TemplateFile class. In that way, my hook executes also for calls of WireRenderFile method in the module and I get mentioned notices as $thiss->wire('page') is null.

So the issue is that I can't find the way how to check and prevent the execution of hook for calls of wireRenderFile. Hope it explains what I mean. 

@Zeka, maybe you can use the filename, prependFilename or appendFilename properties of the TemplateFile to limit where your hook applies. E.g.

$wire->addHookAfter('TemplateFile::render', function(HookEvent $event) {
    $template_file = $event->object;
    $proceed = false;
    foreach($template_file->appendFilename as $filename) {
        if(substr($filename, -9) === '_main.php') $proceed = true;
    }
    if(!$proceed) return;
    // Your code...
});

I'm curious - what's your reason for hooking after TemplateFile::render? If you are targeting non-admin template files inside your /site/ why wouldn't you include whatever logic you need inside the template files rather than via a hook?

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now