ank

video upload

Hello

I am looking to use html5 video,
Is there a way to upload video files (mp4) in processwire ?

Thanks

Ank

@maxf5 and @adrian thank you

FieldtypeVideo seems the easiest way, but i want to "autoplay" and "loop" the movie, so i think the "file" field option is the most suitable.

Ank

1 minute ago, ank said:

@maxf5 and @adrian thank you

FieldtypeVideo seems the easiest way, but i want to "autoplay" and "loop" the movie, so i think the "file" field option is the most suitable.

Ank

The video fieldtype can do autoplay and loop - take a look at the Mediaelement API (https://github.com/mediaelement/mediaelement/blob/master/docs/api.md). You can also completely replace the video rendering code in the settings of the module with another player if you'd prefer. Not to say that a normal files field isn't fine, the Video fieldtype just makes it easier to manage videos in the backed because it creates images, shows the length of videos, and a few other things. Really depends on your needs as to what will be best.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, adrian said:

The video fieldtype can do autoplay and loop - take a look at the Mediaelement API (https://github.com/mediaelement/mediaelement/blob/master/docs/api.md). You can also completely replace the video rendering code in the settings of the module with another player if you'd prefer. Not to say that a normal files field isn't fine, the Video fieldtype just makes it easier to manage videos in the backed because it creates images, shows the length of videos, and a few other things. Really depends on your needs as to what will be best.

I check this out, seems very suitable !

Thanks