Onsen Framework

clsource

Hello,

I just want to point out this framework for making html apps https://onsen.io/

it's compatible with jquery, angular, vue, react or any other js framework.

So far I made an app using this and bootstrap with https://propeller.in/

for the desing and some libs like jquery and lodash for the app logic

I prefer this to other alternatives like ionic since it does not bound you to angular or react.

Cheers :)

• Like 10

5 hours ago, kongondo said:

Yeah. I have been learning TypeScript and NativeScript.

NativeScript is great too.

But keep in mind that if you need an app that is form heavy (like many apps for enterprises)

just using html forms maybe the best choice.

The problem with NativeScript and other "Native" frameworks is the UX needs to be tailored for native style apps.
If you only have developers and designers experienced in the web UX you will have troubles adapting the web UX to the native UX.

7 minutes ago, clsource said:

the UX needs to be tailored for native style apps.
If you only have developers and designers experienced in the web UX you will have troubles adapting the web UX to the native UX.

I get you. However, UI in NativeScript is made using just XML and CSS. XML is quite simple, especially if you already know HTML. In return you get the speed that comes with native apps. Onsen looks neat though, so I have one eye on it :) . 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kongondo said:

I get you. However, UI in NativeScript is made using just XML and CSS. XML is quite simple, especially if you already know HTML. In return you get the speed that comes with native apps. Onsen looks neat though, so I have one eye on it :) . 

Thanks for your reply

As a matter of fact. I was tasked in creating a form heavy application. I started using NativeScript but the designers abused the combo box (html select option) in the desings. Because picker views (combo box) were huge in the native implementation compared to the web versions, the UX should be redesigned from scratch (there were so many inputs in the form that a single screen should be separated in 5 or more just to be more simple to use). So because time and money constraints the solution was: throw away Nativescript and just use a web view with onsen framework.

Onsen, Nativescript, Jasonette or React Native are wonderful tools for making Apps with Javascript. It's important to know the limitations and capabilities of each tool and select the right one for the job at hand.

:D

• Like 2

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By franciccio-ITALIANO
      Hi, I have created over twenty different templates for the same site.
      In all of them, the same long piece of html code appears. 
      Could someone suggest me the php code I need to write in the template files to link that piece of html code, which is always the same everywhere?
      What strategies could I use to link it?
      The problem is that this long piece of code that is identical everywhere, MAY change IN TIME. So, when I fix it, I would have to change it in all twenty template files.... 

• By Zendex
      Hi,
      I am trying to make a site for a studio, and I wanted to set a specific hover effect for my text. I want the background of the text to be lit up in the full height of the nav bar but it doesn't do it. I showed the expected result in the png in the attached files. I will also set the code here below, the top part is a css reset.

HTML:
      <!doctype html>
      <html>
      <head>
      <meta charset="UTF-8">
      <title>Zendex</title>
          <link href="style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
          <link rel="preconnect" href="https://fonts.gstatic.com"> 
      <link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css2?family=Offside&display=swap" rel="stylesheet">
      </head>
      <body>
          <div id="nav_bar">
              <div id="Zendex">ZENDEX</div>
      <ul>
          <a href="contact.html"><li>CONTACT</li></a>
          <a href="films.html"><li>FILMS</li></a>
          <a href="about.html"><li>ABOUT</li></a>
          <a href="home.html"><li>HOME</li></a>
              </ul>
          </div>
          <div class="main"></div>
      </body>
      </html>
      CSS:
      @charset "UTF-8";
      /* CSS Document */
      html, body, div, span, applet, object, iframe,
      h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p, blockquote, pre,
      a, abbr, acronym, address, big, cite, code,
      del, dfn, em, img, ins, kbd, q, s, samp,
      small, strike, strong, sub, sup, tt, var,
      b, u, i, center,
      dl, dt, dd, ol, ul, li,
      fieldset, form, label, legend,
      table, caption, tbody, tfoot, thead, tr, th, td,
      article, aside, canvas, details, embed, 
      figure, figcaption, footer, header, hgroup, 
      menu, nav, output, ruby, section, summary,
      time, mark, audio, video {
          margin: 0;
          padding: 0;
          border: 0;
          font-size: 100%;
          font: inherit;
          vertical-align: baseline;
      }
      article, aside, details, figcaption, figure, 
      footer, header, hgroup, menu, nav, section {
          display: block;
      }
      body {
          line-height: 1;
          background-color: #6A6969;
      }
      ol, ul {
          list-style: none;
      }
      blockquote, q {
          quotes: none;
      }
      blockquote:before, blockquote:after,
      q:before, q:after {
          content: '';
          content: none;
      }
      table {
          border-collapse: collapse;
          border-spacing: 0;
      }
      /*-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
      #nav_bar{
          overflow: hidden;
          position: fixed;
          top: 0;
          width: 100vw;
          height: 125px;
          background-color: #484848;
          border: solid 1px black;
      }
      li{
          font-size: 24px;
          text-shadow: 1px 1px 100px white;
          font-family: 'Offside', cursive;
          float: right;
          margin: 45px 50px 0px 0px;
      }
      #Zendex{
          font-size: 24px;
          text-shadow: 1px 1px 100px white;
          font-family: 'Offside', cursive;
          float: left;
          margin: 45px 0px 0px 100px;
          color: azure;
      }
      #home{

}
      #about{

}
      #films{

}
      #contact{

}
      ul{
          margin: 0px 50px 0px 0px;
          color: azure;
      }
      a:link{
          color: white;
      }
      li:hover{
          background-color: #6A6969;
          color: white;
      }

• By franciccio-ITALIANO
      Hello to all. I would like to create an app. So I need to learn at least one programming language. I got informed online, and discovered that javascript with node.js, is the revolution of recent years, because it's faster than php. I wonder: if I develop an app with javascript and with a javascript framework (e.g. Meteor), is there a way to integrate processwire work? I know that processwire supports the transformation of the site into an application, but would it be as simple as Meteor? With the Meteor framework I have my app online in 10 minutes, and without even knowing javascript! (Knowing javascript would serve to personalize it). I should then install the app in a SUB-DOMAIN. If I study php, instead, and if I use a php framework (e.g. Laravel), how long does it take to have my first working app? Is it easy to process Laravel's components? Is writing forms for processwire apps with php a very complex job? Is it better to use Meteor and start with javascript? What would you recommend?
    • By hellomoto
      I can't tell what's wrong; my local development version appears just fine, but I copy over the site files and db online and the homepage content is not being contained. This is what it should look like (same site in the same browser, running on my localhost): http://imgur.com/UFZFzrd
      What could be the problem here? Sorry to bring up something so irrelevant to PW here, I just know that you all are a valiant and helpful group, and no one on StackExchange seems to even know what I'm talking about.
      Thanks a lot.
    • By Majesrse
      Hey i have a problem with the code:
      $('a').click(function(link) { link.preventDefault(); location = this.href; $('body').fadeOut('slow', open); }); function more() { window.location = location; } It's writen in Jquery but i will convert it to vanilla js. Can somone help me with it?