How do I install Skyscrapers profile 1?

desbest

Hey desbest, what version of processwire are you currently using? If you are using 3.x.x, you will probably need to incorporate

<?php namespace ProcessWire; ?>

into your template files. However, there might be a few other things needed as this profile was introduced 5 years ago and has been removed from the Site Profiles currently in the modules directory. There is though an updated version by @dadish that updates it to v3.x.x, and it can be found here.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, desbest said:

Is there a way to get a site profile with the original blue Skyscrapers 1 design?

I have it running on my machine. It is based on ProcessWire 2.3.0. I can zip it up for you if you send me a PM. 

59 minutes ago, desbest said:

First one is easy to install, second one is not ;) As far as I know they are basically the "same".

7 hours ago, desbest said:

https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/skyscrapers2

This repo is from Ryan and it consists of the template files used in the Skyscrapers v2 demo site. There is no data with it and it is not an installable site profile.

https://github.com/dadish/pw-skyscrapers-profile

This repo is from @Nurguly Ashyrov and is a complete installable site profile, including the skyscrapers data and required modules. It was made by combining the data from the old v1 Skyscrapers profile with the v2 templates.

The creation of the profile is mentioned in this video:

7 hours ago, desbest said:

Is there a way to get a site profile with the original blue Skyscrapers 1 design?

https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/SkyscrapersProfile

• Like 2

Is there a way to get the v1 templates working on a processwire website? I really like the design of the v1 website.

I cannot install the Skyscrapers with the v1 templates on Processwire 3.0.62 and I cannot replace the templates folder from dadish's skyscrapers profile with the templates from v1 to get it to work.

5 hours ago, desbest said:

Is there a way to get the v1 templates working on a processwire website? I really like the design of the v1 website.

It should be possible to start with the original ProcessWire 2.3 + Skyscrapers v1 combo and you should be able to upgrade it step-by-step to 2.4, 2.5, 2.6 etc up to 3.0.x. Sure, you need to dig up all the relevant upgrade instructions and follow them carefully and manual changes might be needed here and there too, but in the end you will probably get what you need.

Edited by szabesz
typo
  • Like 2

When I upgrade from Processwire 2.8 to 3 I get an error.

It says Error 500. I have commented out the "500 NOTE" section on .htaccess, I have checked the error log file in site/assets/logs and it's empty.

How do I get the upgrade to work? Is it a namespace issue? I can't see anything in the upgrading instructions on how to fix it.