Is it possible to create an advance eCommerce website?

Samk80

In the Processwire world Padloper will be the right option (for safety you'll have access to the source code), @kongondo is working hard, and he is building a great piece of software, reproducing almost all Shopify functionality, but if you are in a hurry you can use the ones we have shown here, simply chose the one that best suits your needs.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Pixrael said:

In the Processwire world Padloper will be the right option (for safety you'll have access to the source code), @kongondo is working hard, and he is building a great piece of software, reproducing almost all Shopify functionality, but if you are in a hurry you can use the ones we have shown here, simply chose the one that best suits your needs.

That sounds very promising. My only issue here is that since it is not open source I am concerned about the fact it is owned by a single person rather than a larger company. Is there any plan/agreement to open source it should commercial development cease?

For those using V2 are they now left without support, security patches, etc? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the time and effort put into this but I owe it to my clients to ask these questions.

Single person you said? .. humm.. Haven't you realized yet that Processwire itself is a one-person project ?!

There are risks everywhere, many times (too many, I would say) a large software company, which you trust, is bought by a bigger one and they discontinue their products, sometimes they incorporate functionalities to other products (and you must purchase/subscribe again with higher price) or simply kill the product because they change their field of business.

Other companies changes its functionalities against your own/pesonal desire and you have to conform or start to find another alternative, ex. The Wordpress change from the Text editor to the Block editor did not like many, but it remains there and that's it.

We are not safe from anything, anywhere

Think about it ?

• Like 1

Well, that is exactly what I am doing right now, thinking about it. ? I am playing devil's advocate rather than disagreeing with you as it helps determine the pros and cons.

Processwire is open source. Should Ryan decide tomorrow he's had enough while it would be a massive shame the community could take over due to the open source license. And I haven't checked on github but I'd imagine while Ryan leads it because it's likely developed with git others have pushed code to it as well.

Even if you have the source to something if it has a commercial license you almost certainly can't carry on development with it without the owner's permission. That's just the point I was making.

15 hours ago, DrQuincy said:

And I haven't checked on github but I'd imagine while Ryan leads it because it's likely developed with git others have pushed code to it as well.

Not many... https://github.com/processwire/processwire/graphs/contributors

15 hours ago, DrQuincy said:

Processwire is open source. Should Ryan decide tomorrow he's had enough while it would be a massive shame the community could take over due to the open source license.

Unfortunately this does not apply to the Pro modules like ProCache ? I don't know what would happen to them in case...