mcwhitey

How to display a list of roles that can view current template

Hi,

How can I display, on every page of my site, what roles can view that pages template, based on what is checked in settings>templates>template-name>ACCESS TAB?

I've only gotten as far as displaying the name of the current template: echo $page->template->get('name'); But I'm stuck here. Tried things like $page->template->get('permissions'); but I guess it's a bit more complicated than that.

Hope someone van point me in the right direction.

Cheers.

foreach($page->template->roles as $role) {
    echo "$role->name<br>";
}

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By rjgamer
      Hi,
      is there a hook after the current (active) page got created? Or which method got called in the Page class after the Constructor of the current page got initialized?
      Thanks.

• By rjgamer
      Hi guys,
      the field "redirect_last" of type DateTime got not updated. The update on the field "redirect_counter" works and got saved.
      Does anybody know what I did wrong in my code?
      if ($input->urlSegment(1) === 'redirect') { $page->of(false); $page->redirect_last = time(); $page->redirect_counter += 1; if ($page->save('redirect_counter')) { $session->redirect($page->website_url, 302); } } Thanks.
    • By theoretic
      Hi there! And thanks for Processwire!
      I have an interesting task which i cannot fulfill as i want. Maybe someone could help me please?
      Let's imagine a simple page structure of this kind:
      Category 1
      + Item 1.1
      + Item 1.2
      Category 2
      + Item 2.1
      + Item 2.2
      My task is to attach some items to more than one category, at least to show some items on different frontend category pages. With PW, it's a piece of cake. I've just created a field called Items (of type Page Reference) and attrached it to Category template. Since i have lots of items inside each category i preferred to use Page Autocomplete input for my Items field. The pages available for autocomplete are restricted by a very simple selector:
      template=item
      It works like a charm. But later i decided to make this autocomplete even smarter and to exclude current category children items from it. I tried to update my selector this way...
      template=item,parent!=(page)
      ...and oops, this broke my selector. My autocomplete founds nothing. Sorry, i had to replace the square braces by () because of this forum limitations, i swear i'm using square brackets in real-life selector!
      What am i doing wrong? And is there any way to include current page info in autocomplete-related selectors? Thanks in advance!

• By franciccio-ITALIANO
      Hi everyone.
      I've created 12 templates that are the same but each with an extra bit of html code. 
      The piece of code is as follows:
      <div> <div class="box-pf"> <i class="fa fa-map-pin fa-2x fa-red faa-pulse animated"></i> <a href=""> <span class="uk-text-middle"><i>Sonchus oleraceus</i> 'Grespino degli Orti'</span></b> </a> </div> </div> On the third line we read "fa-red."
      I created 12 similar templates.
      The first template has only one box with fa-red, the last template has 12 boxes with icons of 12 different colors.
      So. is there any way to have only 1 template and add, if I want and when I want, a small or big, same or different piece of html code?

• By jonatan
      "Permission “page-sort” for template “ ... ” not allowed (requires “page-edit” permission)"

– This lovely error message is thrown at me, if, as implied by it, I try to add (to my "editor" role) the permission "page-sort" for a specific template, without the permission "page-edit" enabled for the same template.
      Seems like it's been mentioned a few times before but never properly answered, by e.g. @Robin S ... :  
      "Allow the granting of page-sort permission independent of page-edit": https://github.com/processwire/processwire-requests/issues/29

Why do I wanna do this?:

I have a page tree structure  🌳  as so:

Category [C1]
      – Page a [C1_p] – Page b [C1_p] Different category [C2]
      – Page c [C2_p] – Page d [C2_p] ________________________

The page "Category" has the page-template "C1",
      the pages "Page a" and "Page b" both have the page-template "C1_p".
      The page "Different category" has the page-template "C2"
      the pages "Page c" and "Page d" both have the page-template "C2_p".

The two pages called "Category" and "Different category" do not have any content, they only serve as containers for pages belonging to that category.

I want my "editor" role not to be able to do anything at all with these pages "Category" and "Different category"; i.e. I do not want my editor to be able to edit, move, unpublish, hide, lock, delete (or do anything else to) these category pages. 
      – So, I want my "editor" role to have the "page-edit" permission for pages with the templates "C1_p" and "C2_p", but not for the pages with the category templates "C1" and "C2",
      Also, I want my "editor" role to be able to move the pages with the templates "C1_p" and "C2_p" within their parent-pages. 

Problem:

But if I just simply add the "page-edit" and the "page-move" permissions for the "C1_p" and "C2_p" templates, then, using the "editor" role, I am not able to move these "C1_p" (and "C2_p") -template-based pages. I can actually click "MOVE" next to them and then move them, but... then I will be met by the error message "You do not have permission to sort pages using this parent - /Category/".  
      – So, I try to add the "page-sort" (description: "permission to sort child pages") permission to the "C1" and "C2" templates... but then trying to do so I am met by the initially mentioned error message   ! Permission “page-sort” for template “C1” not allowed (requires “page-edit” permission)  . 
      And, as mentioned, I do not want my editor role users to be able to edit these category ("C1" and "C2") pages...
      – what to do about this? 😅 

All the best,
      Jonatan