Weird result on 'find' request

celfred

Hello to all,

This time, I'm stuck on an issue with a 'find' request. I have found a turnaround, but I have no idea what's going on, really, and I wish I could understand. My code is the following :

$nbEl = $player->places->count();
$items = $pages->find("template=place|item|equipment, GC<=$player->GC, level<=$player->level, freeActs<=$nbEl")->sort("template, name");

If I explain briefly : the $items should contain the possible elements for a player according to his level and GC (gold coins), and freeActs, i.e. the number of already 'bought' places.

If the 1st line $nbEl returns a number higher than 0, it 'works', I get some items. BUT if the player has not bought any place yet and then $nbEl = 0, $items is... empty whereas it should contain all elements being accessible with a 0 'freeAct' field (and there are many).

I have tried to hard-code 'freeActs<=0', I get no items. 'freeActs<=1', I get some nice results' AND THEN, 'freeActs=0' and it works as expected

So here's my 'workaround' :

$nbEl = $player->places->count()+1;
$items = $pages->find("template=place|item|equipment, GC<=$player->GC, level<=$player->level, freeActs<$nbEl")->sort("template, name");

Note the 'freeActs<$nbEl' instead of 'freeActs<=$nbEl' and the '+1' for $nbEl so not to start at 0... Then, it works as expected !?!?

Does someone have an explanation for this ?

Thanks in advance if you do. And don't hesitate asking me for more details/explanations if you need.

It is an integer and I've checked the setting and intentionally set it to 'Yes' because my freeActs field had no value in some pages and I wanted those pages to be returned. In short, a player being level 1 with no previous activity should have access to items having level 1 set, enough Gold Coins (GC) and 0 previous 'free' actions...

I guess I'm not clearly understanding this yet. I'll go ahead and try to check 'No' and see what's going on, but later during the day.

Thanks for your help @Robin S