• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By prestoav
      I have a site built with a user role 'member' that can view some extra 'member area' pages. I have a user with the role 'editor' that has been given 'user-admin' permission who can successfully generate new users. However, when they try to add / change a 'member' role password to a 'member' role they get the error:
      Unable to generate password hash Does anyone know how to assign the 'editor' role the permission to generate a password for other user types?
      Thanks!
    • By psy
      Having problems with the new Login/Register module and hoping someone can help.
      Desired result:
      Guest lands on site (or later specific page) and is redirected to the Login page. The user’s landing page is saved to a session and once logged-in, is redirected back to the original landing page What’s happening:
      Guest lands on any page on the site and is redirected to the Login page Guest enters credentials, hits submit, then sometimes a variety of error messages get written to the logs including sessionCSRF and MYSQL errors. Guest user is presented with the Internal Server Error. Regardless, guest is not logged in Scenario:
      Using PW 3.0.76 and PHP 5.6
      User account created manually in admin with login-register privilege User is my old mate: Username: fred Email: fred@flintstone.com Password: 1234test.

Site is configured to use delayed output with Regions & Functions API In _init.php I have:
      <?php namespace ProcessWire; if(!$user->isLoggedin() && $page->id!=1193) { // not for login page     $session->set('returnPage', $page->url);     $session->redirect('/login/');     die; } In login.php template:
        <?php namespace ProcessWire; if($user->isLoggedin() && !$input->get('profile') && !$input->get('logout')) {     // login and go back to the previous page or go to the home page     $goToUrl = $session->returnPage ? $session->returnPage : '/';     $session->redirect($goToUrl); } else {     // let the LoginRegister module have control     $content = $modules->get('LoginRegister')->execute(); } ?> <div id="regContent">     <div class="content-wrap">         <div class="container clearfix">             <region id="regPostContent">                 <!-- Post Content                 ============================================= -->                 <div class="postcontent nobottommargin clearfix col_three_fourth">                     <?=$content?>                  </div><!-- .postcontent end -->             </region><!--#regPostContent-->         </div>     </div> </div><!-- #content end -->  
      What am I doing wrong? Why can’t Fred login?
      Any help to resolve much appreciated.

TIA
      Psy
      PS: Tried to use TracyDebugger to see what was happening but got js errors. Just not my day. Uninstalled TD and no errors
    • By alan
      Sorry folks if this is obvious to most and I missed something in the docs or here in the forum, but, I have cheerfully used code such as:
      if($user->isLoggedin()) { echo " loggedIn"; } else { echo " notLoggedIn"; } in PW 2.x sites.
      Now on a v3 site I am finding even the most basic test to see if the viewer is logged in or `isSuperuser()` is not giving an error but simply doing nothing - not evaluating.
      For example, the top of a typical template reads:
      <?php namespace ProcessWire; if($user->isLoggedin()) { echo " loggedIn"; } else { echo " notLoggedIn"; } I have `debug` turned on.
      Is there something obvious I have missed, perhaps a step required for v3 that's not required for v2 to allow access to $user data?
      Thanks for any pointers.
    • By noelboss
      This module hooks into the login method to provide the possibility to login with the user's email address. This is my first module and it's very simple. Please provide feedback if you have any suggestions. Thanks
      The module can be found in the module repository:
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/login-with-email/
      or on github:
      https://github.com/noelboss/LoginWithEmail

• By louisstephens
      I hope this is the correct place to post this. I currently am building a "dashboard" that displays some stats etc, but also handles login/logout with a form. Currently, when a user uses the form on the homepage, they redirected (if the credentials are correct) to the backend of processwire.
      However, I was hoping to direct the user back to the dashboard and display an alert (for now until I get a library to handle this). I got it somewhat working if I dont redirect the user. However, if I refresh the page, the alert still "pops up". Does anyone know of a way to redirect to the home page, but then display an alert?
      My Code to login:
      <?php if($input->post->user && $input->post->pass) { $user = $sanitizer->username($input->post->user); $pass = $input->post->pass; if($session->login($user, $pass)) { // login successful $session->redirect($dash); } } ?>