PW 3.0.79 – Covering issues, tweaks, optimizations

ryan

This week there's a new ProcessWire core version posted (version 3.0.79), as well as a new version of AdminThemeUikit posted. However, the focus this week was on covering issue reports and fixing little things, and I don't think it makes an interesting blog post, so we'll skip it this week. If you want to see what's new for 3.0.79, be sure to check out the dev branch commit log

While the changes to AdminThemeUikit were pretty little, the admin theme does continue to evolve nicely and I recommend grabbing it if you are using a previous version. Actually, even if you aren't using a previous version, I recommend grabbing it (along with the latest PW core version). Other than for a few small details and rare cases—in my opinion it's nearly production ready. 

Thanks for reading, and I hope everyone has a great weekend! 

• Like 12

@ryan Could you please consider working on the collapse/expand feature of Inputfields of AdminThemeUikit so that it makes more sense when Inputfields are side by side? It would be great if they could slide sideways to make room for more usable space. Here is a mockup to show what I mean:admin-collapse-idea.thumb.gif.76718bc83956df6a7a4654a547210724.gif

• Like 2

Hmm, something went awry on my blog after an upgrade from .72 to .79:

Call to a member function get() on null
at /site/modules/AdminThemeUikit/init.php:121:
$classes['item'] = 'Inputfield {class} Inputfield_{name}' . ($adminTheme->get('useOffset') ? ' InputfieldIsOffset' : '');

Although, it must be because I updated the core before the module...?

Edit: Indeed, that was the case. All fixed.

Edited by Mike Rockett
  • Like 1

@szabesz i disagree about that suggestion. i think it could open more room for bugs and overcomplicate things than it is useful... things are already a little "buggy" when having multiple non-fullwidth fields with showif-dependencies.

@ryan it would have been nice to get some feedback about the problems with the forum that occured over the last days: 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bernhard said:

i disagree about that suggestion. i think it could open more room for bugs and overcomplicate things than it is useful... things are already a little "buggy" when having multiple non-fullwidth fields with showif-dependencies.

That's a strange argument. I did not explicitly state it but of course I was thinking of a "bug-free" implementation ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, szabesz said:

That's a strange argument. I did not explicitly state it but of course I was thinking of a "bug-free" implementation ;)

Yeah, slightly strange argument. My argument is if UIKit is the right way to go all together. I'm going to say something crazy, but I think it should be built with little to no dependencies.

I feel like these bugs are appearing due to all these dependencies and different systems trying to work together jQuery UI, UIKit both have JS that do the same thing. Some things are using jQuery UI some things are using UIKit. Often there are strange bugs with repeater AJAX like fields having a slightly different design when loaded through AJAX. Like the Page Reference field using AMS for example.

Personally, I see the ultimate admin panel is from the ground up, following a guideline with every single tiny element considered. Like how should things collapse when next to another element.

But so far I'm loving the UIKit version, it's looking great. Just I think a future goal should be it's own system. 

• Like 3