Disable or uninstall module from file server

AAD Web Team

Hi,

I've put in a support request (as a followup on an existing one) for this but it's nearly 10pm Ryan's time, so I thought I'd ask on here just in case someone can help...

Yesterday we purchased ProDrafts, but I couldn't get the key to validate. Every time I hit submit on the module settings screen the key would be removed from the field I entered it in, and then it would complain about the missing value. I put in a support request and Ryan responded last night. It turned out it was because we're behind a proxy/firewall. He gave me a fix to get around that issue - some code to go into admin.php. I put that code in and saved admin.php, but now I can't even get into our admin anymore!

(Just to clarify, I took the code back out and saved admin.php but that made no difference. It's definitely not the new code causing the error.)

The errors relate to a lack of permission on the ProDrafts module (see attached screenshot). We do have a key, but evidently the code Ryan gave me to add the key in via admin.php isn't taking effect before the error is thrown...?

I tried removing the ProDrafts directory from the modules directory, but that hasn't helped.

Is there a hook I can put in somewhere to tell it not to load ProDrafts at all, or not check the permissions? Or is there some way to manually uninstall it from the file system?

Thanks!

Margaret

prodrafts-error.png

Hi!

I actually ended up talking to Ryan this morning via email and he very kindly worked on our issue after hours at his end and fixed the problem.

As it turned out, it wasn't specifically an issue with our ProDrafts module and product key. It was a combination of a few things, including beta vs stable versions, some 3rd party modules, and some of our config. Luckily it's just our test server, but it's all part of learning the system too I guess!

Cheers,

Margaret

• Like 3