ProcessWire Form Builder

ryan

After editing and saving the form the following error keeps showing up when i want to edit the form:

Recoverable Fatal Error Object of class FormBuilderField could not be converted to string (line 202 of C:\services\xampp\htdocs\wire\modules\Inputfield\InputfieldSelect.module)

Last thing i remembered doing is adding a field of the type hidden with the name honeypot and editing a field of the type (single) select

update: Just edited the form entry directly in the database, removed the hidden field from the JSON string solved the problem. Seems the bug is with the hidden field type.

Raymond, I have posted an update that fixes this issue in the Form Builder Support forum. I'm not sure if you have access to that board because I don't see your name in the list. Was your order placed under a different name? Let me know and I can update or add to it in the fulfillment system which should correct your access, but just need to know which order to edit.

• Like 1

Raymond, I have posted an update that fixes this issue in the Form Builder Support forum. I'm not sure if you have access to that board because I don't see your name in the list. Was your order placed under a different name? Let me know and I can update or add to it in the fulfillment system which should correct your access, but just need to know which order to edit.

Think it was placed under Agrio... City name is 's-Heerenberg, Company Agrio

Thanks ryan, the bug with honeypot as fieldname seems fixed now. I see it gives a warning now that the name is preserved

I was missing a few of the reserved words in the field creation process, honeypot being one of them. But hopefully got them all covered now. If you use a reserved word, it'll still let you, but it'll just append an underscore to the end of it so that there's no confusion.

• Like 1

Congratulations Ryan, you really do very cool work. Your new Form Buider looks fantastic.

Anyway I will wait for the Form Builder to save entries to pages.

Right now the builder is a great way to save information, but when the builder saves info to pages, then we'll have a very powerful tool to develop web applications.

Cheers.

The Save-to-Pages feature is now available in the current version of Form Builder (0.1.4) posted in the Form Builder support forum this morning. It hasn't had a lot of testing yet, but I believe this feature is ready for people to use so long as you test things out adequately after configuring them, and let me know of any issues or concerns you find.

To use it, you click "Save to ProcessWire Pages" on the Actions tab of any form. A fieldset will appear asking you to select a template to use for new pages. Hit save, then go back to this screen. More options will now appear, like this:

post-2-0-20204900-1349284224_thumb.png

From there, you choose the parent where pages will be created and setup what fields in Form Builder will populate the Page fields.

You also get to choose whether you want the pages to be created manually or automatically. If automatically, then you can set whether they should be published or unpublished. Automatic pages are created at the time the form is submitted. Manual pages are created by you checking a box on the entries screen. Here's what that looks like:

post-2-0-28039400-1349284496_thumb.png

You click the checkboxes for any of the entries you want to create pages from and then click the "Send Checked to Pages" button at the bottom. The pages are created immediately.

Note the "Page" column in the screenshot above. If an entry has already been sent to a page, then this column will be populated with the ID of the page. If you click on it, it'll take you to that page. Should you re-send one of those to a page, then it will update the existing page rather than creating a new one.

• Like 5

Another update: Form Builder 0.1.5 (the current version) now supports Auto-Responder emails and customizable email templates for both admin emails and auto-responder emails.

--

Edit: WillyC somehow I messed up your message. I think I clicked on edit rather than reply when i was trying to post (I probably shouldn't be a moderator) :). Can you post again? (sorry)

• Like 1

WillyC - you can be cryptic at times, but I think what you're hopeful about is ryan's earlier answer to Antti's question about file fields and when they might be coming.

Unlike other Inputfields, the File/Image Inputfields in ProcessWire require a $page to operate.

So ryan, like WillyC I'm curious to know if you're working on files next? Presumably with save to page now an option this is a bit of an easier prospect? Obviously there are still security concerns, but if you at least assume that form-to-page submissions create unsaved pages then that might be half of the battle (the other half of it being that if you can guess the page ID and already know the filename you could access the file, so some security implications there maybe?).

Presumably with save to page now an option this is a bit of an easier prospect?

Definitely moving forward with files fields as soon as possible. But saving to pages doesn't make it an easier prospect only because saving to pages is an option, not a requirement. Most people don't need to save pages and I don't want that to be something you'd have to do in order to get file fields. So I'm still planning on developing these file fields independently of the ones already included in ProcessWire. Though it's always possible I might modify the ones we've got to change the behavior to a broader context that would be inclusive of Form Builder too.

• Like 2

Sorry, I haven't been reading lately, but is there an ETA on file upload feature? I've been itching to try this module but I need this feature and it would be awesome if it has that already.

-

Been reading. Sorry for the repeated question. XD