Best way to host a Processwire site in 2017

a-ok

As the subject suggests (apologies if this thread already exists... if so do point me in the right place!) I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the hosting platforms that exist these days.

I work with a lot of clients and have previously used MediaTemple and TSOHost as it's managed cloud hosting and seems the quickest and easiest way to get things going but I want to venture out and have been looking at things like DigitalOcean, Linode and Amazon LightSail but these are all CLI setups and unsure if it'll be a steep learning curve.

As I use PW for every CMS-driven site I only need a standard LAMP setup but wondered what other people use for site hosting and what you would recommend?

Thanks all!

• Like 1

the latest weekly.pw had a survey about that topic:

59db6e53cd348_2017-10-0914_40_22-ProcessWireWeekly177.png.808c01b0fd3f1721f75f2719c1a0fd5c.png

i'm on self-managed VPS using plesk as controlpanel. current pricing is 15€ for 2core / 4GB / 150ssd / 10 domains or 30€ for 4core / 8GB / 400ssd / 30 domains

i tried several other options over the last months ( digitalocean self managed, cpanel, laravel forge, serverpilot ) but i came back to vps + plesk because it is quite easy to use (for me as a non expert) but also offers a lot of freedom if you need advanced stuff (having full ssh access). all the other solutions where always lacking some parts and would have made another service necessary (like backups, for example).

looking forward to hearing other experiences :)

• Like 4