Password Generator

Robin S

Password Generator

Adds a password generator to InputfieldPassword.

generator

Usage

Install the Password Generator module.

Now any InputfieldPassword has a password generation feature. The settings for the generator are taken automatically from the settings* of the password field.

*Settings not supported by the generator:

• Complexify: but generated passwords should still satisfy complexify settings in the recommended range.
  • Banned words: but the generated passwords are random strings so actual words are unlikely to occur.

https://modules.processwire.com/modules/password-generator/

https://github.com/Toutouwai/PasswordGenerator

• Like 23

14 hours ago, Juergen said:

It would be awesome if you make the link text " Generate password " translateable

Sure, this is done in v0.0.2

14 hours ago, Mike Rockett said:

would be awesome if we could somehow integrate these kinds of passwords (for easy memorisation)

If you know of a Javascript library that can generate those sorts of passwords while still satisfying password field settings I'd be happy to integrate it. But I think memorising passwords is only a short hop away from reusing passwords, which is asking for trouble.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Robin S said:

If you know of a Javascript library that can generate those sorts of passwords while still satisfying password field settings I'd be happy to integrate it. But I think memorising passwords is only a short hop away from reusing passwords, which is asking for trouble.

Also true - though passphrases and passwords are different beasts in themselves, and one would use them differently, in the context mentioned anyway. I generally like to have passphrases generated, and then saved to my local wallet (and then synced to my cloud wallet). As for a JS lib, I did find some, but they were a bit hectic, and one of them requires a user dictionary (doesn't come with a stock one)... Anyways, was just an idea.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi @Robin S

In a process module I am writing, there is a function to create a new user. With PasswordGenerator installed (a must have!) I get the following notice :

PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in .../modules/PasswordGenerator/PasswordGenerator.module:76

When I dump $field, Tracy return a null value :

$field = $inputfield->hasField; // line 47

There is nothing special in the function, I just declare a new InputfieldPassword :

[...]

// password
$field = new InputfieldPassword();
$field->attr("id+name","password");
$field->label = __("Mot de passe");
$field->required = true;
$field->minlength = 6;
$field->columnWidth = 50;
$form->append($field);

[...]

$out = $form->render();
return $out;