page reference not working

webhoes

Hello, I have 2 page type:

Books and reports. A report can be link to a book. There is only 1 document (pdf) in a report.

I can get the list of linked reports on the book page. But I can not get it to give me the download url.

If I use the same field (annual_report) as part of the book template, all works flawlessly. But I need to have the report  as a seperate entity.

Why doesn't this work?

$reports = '';
foreach ($page->annual_report as $report){

$reports .=  '<a href="' . $report->url . '" class="download-btn" target="_blank"><i class="fa fa-file-pdf-o" aria-hidden="true"></i>' . $report->description . '</a>';

}

//this doensn''t work, but should be correct
$ann = '';
$annual = $pages->find("template=annual-report, studbook=$page->id");
foreach($annual as $a){

$ann .= '<a href="' . $a->annual_report->url . '" class="download-btn" target="_blank"><i class="fa fa-file-pdf-o" aria-hidden="true"></i>' . $a->annual_report->description . '</a>';

}

studbook=$page->id

is old...

studbook=$page->title

what I use...

I changed this for one of the tests. I also tried to build up the path to the document with this.

$path = $a->annual_report->url;

$path .= $a->annual_report->name;

$path .= '.' . $a->annual_report->ext;

But also this only shows the directory where the pdf resides. Nothing about the pfd itself.

3 minutes ago, webhoes said:

But also this only shows the directory where the pdf resides. Nothing about the pfd itself.

This means you've set up the file field to give you an array of files (Pagefiles), you need to get the file using annual_report->first->url.
Using annual_report->url gives you the directory.

You can limit field to 1 file and return you a Pagefile object instead of an array (Pagefiles) too

• Like 2