Coworking in Karlsruhe, Germany

MadeMyDay

Came back from holiday, moved in a new office where we want to share the available space with others. So our little coworking project was founded and it needed a website. I started it on friday night and released it finally today (done beside the usual work). It was again a pleasure to use PW for that... :)

http://adlerhost.net

The name of the street is "eagle" which is "Adler" in german. And the eagle's nest is called "horst" usually, but we are a host, so we are the localhost in the "adler"street ... ;-)

(Haven't even looked in IE, but should work, pretty basic and therefore made it more or less responsive in about half an hour)

• Like 3

oh, that "r" makes all the difference, also in how you pronounce both words. I don't think a German speaking person would make that connection.

Well, SiNNut was the second (of a few hundreds yet) ;-) And the first one also read "Horst" because he looked on an iPhone and the logo was not readable. But honestly: I don't think someone really will blame us. And even if, he/she wouldn't be the right one for us. We are so far from being Nazis or whatsoever, it would be a ridiculous assumption ;-)

About the website: I like it, but I wonder if the navigation is really necessary... The site works very well only by scrolling, and the navigation can give people the feeling that there is something more than this page, and make them scroll up to press the links only to find out that they have already seen everything.

edit: I noticed that you removed the navigation on smaller screens. Works great :) Maybe you could replace it on bigger screens by a sentence... like a slogan, or so... or by something immediately useful, like the written address.

• Like 1

This is a pretty good idea! Will think about and try it (later today).

But: On the other hand, Google recognizes anchors on long sites and routes visitors directly to them (for example if someone searches for "coworking karlsruhe preise" it is likely google will route to #preise). Hmm. Let's see.

Well, SiNNut was the second (of a few hundreds yet) ;-) And the first one also read "Horst" because he looked on an iPhone and the logo was not readable. But honestly: I don't think someone really will blame us. And even if, he/she wouldn't be the right one for us. We are so far from being Nazis or whatsoever, it would be a ridiculous assumption ;-)

I guess you're winky says enough but to be clear; ofcourse i wasn't trying to imply anything like that :)

I saw the missing r and the host in Adler street part and i like it. I made the connection because of your post and not the site itself, which is nice. Like the way you've integrated a styled Google map.

Nice work MadeMyDay. Regarding the navigation: I think Diogo makes a good point, but stepping outside just this site, I'm wondering if a client might understand the concept of a site like this if they still have the familiar reference point of that navigation. It's kind of the difference between them thinking of it as a 1-page site, or a creatively-presented multi-page site. Not sure what's best on this particular site, but as a general thing, having that nav seems like a good thing to me.