Jota

Need support to change hosting of site with processwire 2.3.0

I need an expert in processwire (ver.2.3.0) to help us change a website of a hosting, contact info@intuitiva.com.co

Hi @Jota,

Just wondering if you'd be willing to pay for a little extra time to upgrade the site to PW 3. Depending on the complexity of the site, it could just require a little testing, or there could be a few hours of tweaking things, but I would expect the former.

PW 2.3 is so old now that it would be great for you (or your clients) to experience what it is like these days.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inxentas
      I've got several Processwire websites running on a local server and an external server. With one of them I have the migration issue where anything but the homepage serves a 404 error. I've read pretty much all topics about the problem but can't seem to find a solution that works. Now in my situation, I request a new virtual domain (oisterwijk-cultuur.nl) for each website, and set an A record on our own domain (mallens-markhorst.nl). The end result:

http://oisterwijk-cultuur.nl.mallens-markhorst.nl/
      So far so good, but only the homepage works. Subpages and the admin URL generate a 404. Most of the topics I read revolved around changing .htaccess but I've got similar websites running on the same testing server without any modifications. Example:
      http://moor-oisterwijk.nl.mallens-markhorst.nl/
      I've checked the .htaccess file line by line and even copied the one from working website into the non-working one, but to no avail. I tried upgrading PW but that didn't help either. Uploading and accessing a php file works, and mod_rewrite is on. Link to phpinfo() result.
      The document root in my FTP client is as follows: /data/www/oisterwijk-cultuur.nl.mallens-markhorst.nl/public_html
      I've tried uncommenting and changing the RewriteBase lines, tried both the full path as just '/public_html/', but unlike others there doesn't seem to change anything for me. I get the same plain 404 every time. Any ideas on what else I can try? Apart from a fresh installation?
      EDIT: I've just did a fresh install of PW 3.0.72 on the virtual domain, and it seems to have the same problem, I can't load the admin url.
    • By pppws
      hey there,
      i stumbled about a pretty odd problem (at least i think it's odd). i was building a site on my local machine, everything worked just fine. after migrating the page to an actual server most of the parts still worked. only all of my childpages where gone. they are still available and editable in the backend but i can't access them in the browser. even the »view«-button is missing.
      i already had a similar issue while working local: the site is a multi-language site and is use a form to create the childpages via the api. but i could fix it by adding a dedicated status to the newly created pages: $p->addStatus(Page::statusHidden);
      for the migration i
      uploaded my local processwire folder via ftp. edited the site/config.php (httpHosts) exported the local sql imported the sql backup to the new server this strange behaviour also applies for newly created pages on the live server.
      did i somehow mess up the migration – is it a bug – how do i fix it?

thanks in advance for any tip!

• By benbyf
      SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'hortons.pages' doesn't exist (in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/hortons/public/wire/core/WireDatabasePDO.php line 439)
      Getting this error after upgrading from 2.4 to 2.8 then exporting the site profile and installing on the latest version of v3. Anything I could do about this, anyone come across this?
      thanks
      Edit:
      The issues started going from 2.4 to 2.8 - I used the upgrading advice on the github, replacing PW files. Im running ubuntu 14.4.x using serverpilot.io. The site hosting was originally not controlled by me so am trying to rehost and upgrade.
    • By MarcC
      I am in the process of upgrading an older PW website, say www.example.com. At new.example.com I have an upgraded version, but now the client needs to make content changes on the old site, like 15-20 pages added per day. How can I most easily move these pages over from the old site to new.example.com, when other people are already making new pages at new.example.com? Thanks!
    • By bmacnaughton
      The situation I'm trying to arrive at a good solution for is how to store user-created data in a production environment. We're pre-production but the issue I'm running into is that storing user-data as pages creates problems when it comes time to update the production site with a new version (of our site, not PW).
      Because I'm adding data as pages the data will be deleted if I create a backup and restore it to the production environment. I've spent a fair amount of time writing some DB compare logic to find differences but that will require manual updating for each difference. Because pages reference other page numbers via IDs and the production environment will be creating users and meta-information pages it isn't possible to save/restore those particular pages around a backup (from development) and restore (to production) of the PW database.
      It seems like the most straightforward approach is to put the user-created data in separate tables so that PW information can be updated independently. That is pretty easy using $db or $database.
      Are there any best practices for this kind of thing? Am I thinking about it wrong? How is this problem generally solved?
      The user-data is 1) user accounts and 2) meta-information about uploaded files (stored in the file system).