[Playground] Admin Theme UIKit

MrSnoozles

Hello everyone,

I spend my sunday hacking a playground for the new admin theme together. Unfortunately it took almost the whole sunday, Fortunately it was raining anyway. 
If you find bugs or annoyances, please feel free to tell me about them.

What is it?
It is a backend with an integrated skin editor. In this weeks blog post @ryan showed how easily skinnable the new admin theme is. Now that can be done online without having to set up ProcessWire and LESS compilation (I did that for you).

Show me
http://pwadmin.youbility.de/processwire/ 
username: admin
password: admin123

Why did you do that?
I really think the new backend is one of the three key factors for ProcessWires future success (as well as the new website and the documentation; basically the things a user sees first when he's deciding for a CMS). Many many weeks ago, when Ryan introduced the new theme, he said he will need help from the designers in the community to create the best experience possible. As far as I've seen, since then there was not that much input from the community. I hope a ready-to-run theme editor can improve that a bit.

How does it work?
Right of the search field there's a new icon which opens the editor. Simply create a new skin and start playing with it. The skin will be available throughout all the session, even if you refresh or change to another skin. When you log out or lose your session the skin will be gone, so save your final result somewhere else too!!

What other features will come?
Probably none, unless there's something heavily requested. I could probably add something to store the skins permanently through LocalStorage. Or I could add more possibilities for customization than just the LESS file. But first I'd like to see if this is used and there's even the need for those features.

Can I show my created skin to others?
Of course. Right now just "default" and "pw-theme-reno" are public. I would love to show more skins there. Just post the content of your skin in this thread and I will add them to the public skins.

I hope you find it useful and it helps making the most efficient and polished CMS backend out there.

• Like 14

• 5 weeks later...