Shop-for-ProcessWire (@Apeisa)

Nico Knoll

Hey,

I had a look at the module and it looks quit good but: Is there a way already to use Mastercard/Visa or PayPal as payment method? Or is there a way to implement it. Or is it may already planned to be integrated in the next time?

I'm just asking because I've got two clients who would want to run a shop. And I would love to use Processwire for this...

/ Nico

• 1 month later...

Great! I need a very simple shopping solution with only invoice payment method. And with lots of design freedom in templates. So a ProcessWire shop seems ideal.

But since this will be a German shop I’ll need to make quite a bunch of adaptions. We have quite detailed rules, how certain things have to look like, not to mention all the legal instructions which have to be placed in the right place. The module also needs e-mail messages sent

I’m not a big fan of messing around with CMS core or module files. It makes updateing modules a pain. So how about extending the module, so that all the legal stuff can be activated and modified via the PW backend? I mean, if it fits weird and uber-strict German e-commerce laws, it should be OK to be used anywhere in the world ;-)

I’ll try my best, but I’m not experienced with module programming (and backend programming at all). So I will definitely need help now and then.

But I think, this is a great chance to make ProcessWire the perfect choice for small shops.

• Like 1

Using these module(s) it should be easy enough to build those things in templates (so no need to mess with module files). Extending or hooking into these modules is also possible (I am happy to add hooks if needed).

And of course, we are here to help.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

OK, the client I was talking about can not (yet) afford a shop :-(

Anyway, I want to start working on a small shop based on ProcessWire. Perhaps we should just make list what has to be done resp. changed or extended, so that the shop module meets German requirements.

For my clients I compiled a little summary with all the regulatory requirements a German online shop has to meet. If you want, I’ll send you the PDF. I would also have my lawyer check the outcome of our work, so that we can be sure that at least the development aspect of the module is OK. Content like general business terms, cancellation policy etc. have to be written or at least checked by a lawyer for each individual shop anyway.

:P

I just quick installed and went to dinner.

Will develop a little template tomorrow according to the PDF Michael sent me.

I think we could need some kind of roadmap on our project.

I´m not the PHP guru, but got some experience in ecommerce.

Well I am just putting some core elements for a shop together.

Most of them not more like a placeholder yet.

Trying to publish this template at Saturday, one of my clients need some support these days and he comes first :D

Ok, found some time today so I published a first version of a basic ecommerce template.

The Shop Plugin is fully implemented.

Every content is PW driven.

You got the possibility to mark a product as featured or as topseller to let them shown at the homepage.

Also you could mark a brand and a category as featured, so they will be outputted aside the slider.

Slider content is generated from pages.

My focus was to implement the most common options and to give the user a base template to work on.

Built on top of the Twitter Bootstrap Framework.

Still working on it :)

http://process.besser-landen.de/

Plz dont laugh about the brands :D

• Like 2

Thanks Nico & Michael. :)

Will work on it the next days and I try to implement the law stuff so far my skills allow to do.

If one of you need an account at the shop, feel free to notice me and I will set up one.

Loving this Luis - looked at the link and it's very nice indeed, good work :)

I looked at the Google Doc too and ran it through Google Translate - I think pretty much all of that fits for the UK and probably most of the rest of the world too. Some countries have multiple tax classes just to make things interesting (Canada is one of them I think) so I would suggest that as Antti has done any further development of new features be really easy to extend or override where necessary (pretty obvious I know ;)).

Keep up the good work as it would be amazing to eventually have a shop profile with the most common features already set up that can be installed with a blank PW site as a starting point for e-commerce sites.

• Like 1

Loving this Luis - looked at the link and it's very nice indeed, good work

Thank you :)

Keep up the good work as it would be amazing to eventually have a shop profile with the most common features already set up that can be installed with a blank PW site as a starting point for e-commerce sites.

Uhm, never ever thought about multilanguage too :D

Think would be one thing on my todo

Found some time today to work on the Template.

- added PW Logo and claim in the footer / inspired by diogo from pw logo thread ;)

- worked on the product detail page / text is actually hardcoded, will implement fields soon

- added an blue ribbon to products marked as topseller

I will focus on the checkout in the next update.

Hope you like it.