Release Cycle

ZGD

I'm currently working on quite a large project and want to take advantage of some of the new features that have been introduced to the dev branch over the last couple of weeks, namely FieldsetPage and FieldsetGroup. We're using a large number of matrix repeaters with slight variations, and taking advantage of these new features would help us a great deal. The project is about a month away from launch, and unfortunately I know that the client will take issue with using the development build when we move to production.

So my question is, at what point is the development branch generally considered mature enough to merge with the master? Is there a release schedule as part of the roadmap or is this more up to Ryan's discretion? Totally understand if it is the latter, just wanted to get some more information so we can weigh up our options over the next few weeks.

16 hours ago, ZGD said:

namely FieldsetPage and FieldsetGroup

By reading Ryan's blog posts I think we can deduce that these features can be considered beta for the time being.

16 hours ago, ZGD said:

Ryan's discretion

Voting for this one by adding the remark that we can clearly see he is actively working on these new features but sometimes life gets is the way too.

Edited by szabesz
typo