new site - management agent

Macrura

Looking good. One thing; there seem to be a lot of missing amazon image links in the 'Selected Discography' section on the artists pages. Or at least, i'm getting a whole lot of red crosses.

Looking good. One thing; there seem to be a lot of missing amazon image links in the 'Selected Discography' section on the artists pages. Or at least, i'm getting a whole lot of red crosses.

thanks for looking! - i have it setup to pull the images from Amazon, so that in the backend you only enter an ASIN #, and then the template forms the image URL from that; it's working here, and i've seen it once in a while not get all of the images from Amazon, if maybe the server is slow.... maybe there is a better way to do it, i.e. have PW actually retrieve the amazon image into the local filesystem - i've seem some talk about that somewhere here on the forum...

@apeisa - thanks for checking it out on a mobile - i've only been previewing it with chrome in various viewport widths..

@Martijn - thanks also for checking out this site... and very glad to be crediting processwire and not some other CMS's that i now dread..PW really is pure fun.

-marc

Hey- thanks again to everyone for checking this out and liking it etc.. I really appreciate it. I have some projects in the workds that will likely be using PW, so i'll be posting more in the showcase...

Processwire has a great community, and I'm really psyched to have chosen it as my primary CMS.

Cheers,

Marc

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

@joshuag: That is my impression, too. In fact, I'm really amazed at the overall professional level we have here at Processwire: top designers, top developers and even more importantly, a group of passionate and friendly people eager to help each other. Simply priceless!

• Like 2

Hello,

Excellent site! Really fantastic. As Joss said, it feels perfect for its audience (Joss would know better than I). It has an open and friendly feeling that makes you want to explore and "wander" through the site -- even if (like me) you have no musical talent.

Thanks,

Matthew

PS: is it just me, or does David Del Tredici look hauntingly similar to Ralph from The Sopranos?

thanks all for taking a look at this.

As i said, this was the first PW site done for a client, and despite the learning curve, it all went relatively fast, and what was especially important was how i was easily able to respond immediately to any request the client had; is seemed that the answers to virtually all of my questions were already in the forum, and when i couldn't find a way to do something, the forum came up with solutions.

The site has been live for over 3 months, and none of the content has gotten messed up..(thanks to PW fields, and limited use of WYSIWYG..!)

Which is very refreshing, after coming from the world of mostly Joomla, where all of my clients seem to go especially wild with fonts, bold, italic, spacing, font size, (and makes it look AWFUL!) and then i have to periodically go in and do spring cleaning for spans...

Also - I haven't had to provide any training, tutorials, or support for this site since the site went live, which also illustrates how easy, and user-proof PW is.

As far as why no women composers...ha... that's an interesting question, and i'll have to ask Howard about that next time i speak with him..

but it is a statistical reality in contemporary music that men outnumber women...

and I once heard a conjecture from my freshman music history professor, who said that males are more driven to compose because they can't biologically propagate the species...

• Like 1

Hello Macrura73,

Well, what do you know... Another Joomla move. I wonder exactly how many of us are here on the forum?

Is there a way to do this in ProcessWire:

$formerjoomlausers = $members->find("joomla=was");
foreach($formerjoomlausers as $formerjoomlauser) {
 echo "<li>$formerjoomlauser->name</li>";
}

Thanks,

Matthew

• Like 1