forum attachment size - anyone else having problems?

bernhard

hi everybody,

since some weeks it seems that my attachment size is shrinking and shrinking. ATM i have only 1,52MB left and that's not enough if i want to share simple licecap screencasts.

i sent @Pete a message but he hasn't read it yet. i also tagged him in another post and got no reply.

is it only me having this problem? it's quite frustrating to invest time helping others here and not having the proper tools. i had to upload the gifs on my own server and paste them into the post. if anything changes that will lead to 404s - not the best for nobody.

thanks.

• Like 2

48.83 MB attachment limit is silly, I agree. I have already been wondering what to do when I run out of it. And I'm not abusing it either and I also always make sure to upload the smallest files reasonably possible. I could not notice any suspicions shrinking as I checked it long time ago but I will keep an eye on it.

Please @Pete give as more :) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bernhard said:

an option to set a special limit per time period

If possible, I would create a "group" for those active members who request more quota so that they can be assigned more. (This is theory, I do not know how the forum works...) I understand that 50MB x 5200 is already a lot and most of the forum members do not need it, but for those who contribute a lot, 50MB is not too much.

• Like 3