Custom Office Management CRM/Controlling Software

bernhard

2 hours ago, bernhard said:

Give yourself 30 minutes and learn to create a process module.

Agreed. This is easier than you might think. A whole new world opens up. This should be highlighted as an USP for ProcessWire. Especially with the new UIkit3 theme no need to built custom front-ends anymore.

• Like 3

On 11/8/2017 at 10:32 AM, arjen said:

Take a look at the ProcessHello module or other Process modules like ProcessAccessOverview or ProcessLoginHistory.

And start your timer. You have only:

On 11/7/2017 at 9:13 AM, bernhard said:

30 minutes and learn to create

Sorry for this, I could not resist:-[

Edited by szabesz
typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I thought a module was a module. Then I hear about process module.

Gonna look into this, but surely need to improve my php first and learn more about how classes work etc. in order to extend existing ones (and have a rough idea what I'm actually extending).

I'll have a good read through the code of the (process) modules listed so far. No doubt I'll be back to that gif face again.

It is actually simpler than it looks, you just have to be brave! And use a disposable local install of PW, just in case you blow it to smithereens. (I'm joking of course, so long as you leave /wire/ alone, there isn't much damage you can do.)

It's a fantastic feeling of achievement seeing your own custom page in the PW backend.

On 11/7/2017 at 10:28 AM, arjen said:

This should be highlighted as an USP for ProcessWire.

@arjen is quite right. The extensibility of PW's backend isn't something you see mentioned in reviews etc.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaveP said:

It is actually simpler than it looks, you just have to be brave! And use a disposable local install of PW, just in case you blow it to smithereens.

I got a local one set up right now. I've got no problem with blowing it up either, mistakes are vital. Well, learning from them rather than repeating them...

Incidentally, I see @bernhard has just posted a large guide on process modules. Perfect timing :)

• Like 2

yeah, i was just starting to write a reply here, then dave was first and then i decided to start a new topic, because we got offtopic here and i'm sure it's valuable information for others as well.

here is the tutorial: 

• Thanks 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

re: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/17207-custom-office-management-crmcontrolling-software/?do=findComment&comment=151471

@bernhard Thanks for sharing the code examples. I have tried to set up something similar, also with repeaters, but somehow it just won't work. I get fatal PW errors of various kinds... I placed the PHP snippet inside templates/ready.php and the hook is certainly triggered, but I think I'm missing something to make it work as it should.

What does this line actually do? Does it do more than simply inject the JS?

$this->wire->modules->get('RockTools')->loadAsset('ckesnippets.js', 'HrDiamonds');

I have used this instead:

$js = wire('config')->urls->templates . 'scripts/ckesnippets.js';
$event->return = str_replace("</head>", "\n<script type='text/javascript' src='{$js}'></script>\n</head>", $event->return);

Thanks in advance for some tips or pointers.