Landing page after contact form post

rushy

Hi. I have a contact page form that collects user queries in the usual manner and when validation is ok it does a method = post with action = contact-form.php to execute the sending of mail from the server.

This is all fine and works well, but when the sending is done, I would like a landing page in my project to be displayed. How would i do that? I've tried adding PW code to the contact-form.php to invoke my landing page but I think this is not in scope as nothing happens.

Many thanks for any guidance.

Paul

hi rushy and welcome to the forum!

18 minutes ago, rushy said:

method = post with action = contact-form.php

that does not sound good in the pw world ;) you should avoid creating your own custom php files in the root of processwire. it's better to stay with the intended way of displaying pages, meaning you have a page in the backend and a related template.

in your case you dont even need another template or another page. you can submit the form to the page itself.

lets say you have a tempalte "contact" and in that template you display your form like this:

<?php
// /site/templates/contact.php

<form ...>
</form>

just change your forms action to itself and add some additional php code to the top of your file:

<?php
// /site/templates/contact.php

if($input->post->yoursubmit) {
  // do some checks and sanitization, eg spam-check
  // log this request
  echo 'Thanks for your message!';
}
else {
  <form action="./">
    <input type="submit" name="yoursubmit" ...>
  </form>
}

pseudocode ;)

• Like 4

Hi bernhard thanks for your help!  Great so can I do away with the separate php file completely and do my server mail sending all in my contact file? If so, I can just check if the send was successful or not and display an appropriate message. I'm thinking it would be nice to have a dedicated page after sending the mail with a few other bits of info. on it - if I did want that, how can I invoke another PW page from this point in the contact page?

Many thanks - RuShy

• Like 1

if you want or need another page (for analytics that could be nice to have) you can just create a new template eg, "contact-success", create a page with that template eg /contact-success and set your form action to that page ( action="/contact-success" )

• Like 1