Error when adding link into text field

formmailer

Hi!

I am getting the following error when trying to create a link in the editor (html textfield).

Error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function className() on null in /home/site_com/public_dev/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageEditLink/ProcessPageEditLink.module:374
Stack trace:
#0 /home/site_com/public_dev/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageEditLink/ProcessPageEditLink.module(350): ProcessWire\ProcessPageEditLink->getFilesPage(Object(ProcessWire\Page))
#1 /home/site_com/public_dev/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageEditLink/ProcessPageEditLink.module(393): ProcessWire\ProcessPageEditLink->getFiles()
#2 /home/site_com/public_dev/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageEditLink/ProcessPageEditLink.module(215): ProcessWire\ProcessPageEditLink->getFilesField()
#3 /home/site_com/public_dev/wire/core/Wire.php(380): ProcessWire\ProcessPageEditLink->___execute()
#4 /home/site_com/public_dev/wire/core/WireHooks.php(698): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('___execute', Array)
#5 /home/site_com/public_dev/wire/core/Wire.php(442): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\ProcessPageEditLink), 'e (line 374 of /home/site_com/public_dev/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageEditLink/ProcessPageEditLink.module) 

Any ideas what could be causing this?

//Jasper

When adding link ProcessPageEditLink module checks for file fields on the page and repeater items. And does a recursion when it encounters a repeater field. Reading the core, it looks like getting the type of a field fails (field->type == null) and causes the error. Which version of PW are you using?

Do you have a repeater field on the page? Uninstalled a fieldtype? Removed a field from repeater field or the page's template? Tried repairing the DB?

protected function getFilesPage(Page $page, $prefix = '') {
    $files = array();
    foreach($page->template->fieldgroup as $field) {
        /** @var Fieldtype $type */
        $type = $field->type;
        if($type instanceof FieldtypeFile) {
            $value = $page->get($field->name);
            if($value) foreach($page->get($field->name) as $file) {
                $files[$file->url] = $prefix . $field->getLabel() . ': ' . $file->basename;
            }
        } else if(wireInstanceOf($type, 'FieldtypeRepeater')) { 
            $value = $page->get($field->name);
            if($value) {
                if($value instanceof Page) $value = array($value);
                if(WireArray::iterable($value)) {
                    foreach($value as $repeaterPage) {
                        $files = array_merge($this->getFilesPage($repeaterPage, $field->getLabel() . ': '), $files);
                    }
                }
            }
        } 
    }
    return $files;
}

• Like 1

It looks to me like you are running 3.0.62 (or thereabouts) as line 374 of that file looks like:

} else if(strpos($type->className(), 'FieldtypeRepeater') !== false) {

I would suggest upgrading to the latest dev and see if that fixes it. The new version uses this instead:

} else if(wireInstanceOf($type, 'FieldtypeRepeater')) { 

Otherwise, we'll need to debug $field (type and name) to see what field is causing it to hang up.

• Like 2

The version is correct. I don't think that Repeater fields are an issue since I have never used them.

Since I am redoing an existing site that has been running PW since 1.x and has been upgraded every time, it might be a good idea to start from scratch and manually transfer content (will be a QA-job for the content as well). 

The DB itself seems to be fine, but contains quite some history and fields that aren't used anymore.

//Jasper

1 minute ago, formmailer said:

it might be a good idea to start from scratch and manually transfer content

I really would try upgrading to latest dev first - that wireInstanceOf function adds a lot of extra logic that I assume will take care of things when $type is null.

• Like 4

I upgraded to the latest dev and the problem is gone, so you were absolutely right @adrian. Thanks!

A side note: I still might go for a clean install to get rid of some old, now obsolete, modules and scrappy coding from my side. A new start makes it also easier to use new PW features. :)

• Like 1