ProcessWire 2.7 Installation Error: Exception: Missing system template: 'permission'

Johannes P.

Dear all,

My name is Johannes and this is the first time I'm posting something in this forum.

I get following error installing Processwire 2.7 in a subfolder:
exception.txt:
2017-09-14 13:37:27    ?    ?    Missing system template: 'permission' (in /wire/core/ProcessWire.php line 262)

error.txt
2017-09-14 13:59:35    ?   http://www.domain.com/?/  Error:     Exception: Missing system template: 'permission' (in /data/www/www.domain.com/docfinder/wire/core/ProcessWire.php line 262)

I have used "processwire-legacy-master.zip". Please see also the screenshots from the installing process:

Hoster is Plusserver (formerly HostEurope) on Linux and Apache/mysql.

I have tried also to install 2.8.62 but result in the same error. 

Any ideas? Should I try to install the most recent versin of Processwire? I have to migrate an existing page to this new server, thats why I used the version 2.7

Best
Johannes

screen-1.png

screen-2.png

Welcome to the forum!

9 hours ago, Johannes P. said:

I have to migrate an existing page to this new server, thats why I used the version 2.7

You mean an "exported site profile"? Did you export it form the same version you are trying to install? If not, you might want to try that first.

Please note that you do not have to do it by exporting the site profile and installing it along with ProcessWire. You can simply clone the database, copy over all files and change at least Database Configuration and $config->httpHosts in /site/config.php accordingly. Should you have issues afterwards, you can delete the contents of /site/assets/cache

EDIT: I forgot to mention that .htaccess might need different rules too, but that a is server specific issue

Edited by szabesz
  • Like 1

Hi Gábor,

Thank you for your reply and the warm welcome.

What i did was following:

1. Copied files and imported DB from old server to this server and ended up with the error Missing system template: 'permission' (in /wire/core/ProcessWire.php line 262).

2. i did a new installation of Processwire 2.7 (see screenshots above) and ended up with the same error.

3. I installed PW 2.8 (also from ZIP file) and got same error.

For steps 1 to 3 I used same DB. May this be the problem?

I will try to install PW 3.x and see what happens.

Best

Johanns

6 minutes ago, Johannes P. said:

For steps 1 to 3 I used same DB. May this be the problem?

Probably not. I forgot to point out that – especially when manually copying files/folders – it is possible to run into permission issues, so you might want to double check that too.

Also, you can install the very same ProcessWire version with the blank profile, replace /site, adjust config.php, .htaccess, permissions and you also need to reset passwords in this case because the difference in $config->userAuthSalt in config.php will prevent the login in this case.  userAuthSalt is generated during ProcessWire's install process and tied to all passwords, the login process depends on it as a security measure.

• Like 1

I found the problem.

On the new server I could install PW 3.x with the option INNODB. Installation also fails with the default option MyISAM. 

Now what to do? 

I need to migrate from the old server with PW2.7 and MyISAM to the new server with INNODB.

Is it possible to convert MyISAM to INNODB?

Is it possible to install PW 2.7 with MySQL and INNODB? I coud not find this option. 

Best 
Johannes

• Like 1