ProCache pre sale questions

suntrop

Hi. I have some questions about ProCache.

1. Is it possible to exclude certain pages (by URL, template, page?) from being cached?
  2. … or in reverse – just make pages within a section of my website being cached?
  3. Is there something I need to change in my templates or is it more like a "click-and-go" plugin? (basic caching, no assets manipulation)
  4. What about pages with dynamic generated content (like flash messages, integrated RSS feeds, number of items in cart, etc.)

I have two sites in mind, and one is a shop. So I am wondering if ProCache is suitable for it. If a user puts something into his cart, the cached page can't be the same static HTML page for the other users.

Hello @suntrop,

1. Yes, you can check or uncheck which templates should be cached.
  2. I don't quite understand, what you mean by that. But as long as it is a page, it can be cached.
  3. No, you don't need to change anything inside your templates.
  4. Pages with user input shouldn't be cached. Here is a quote by @ryan about this question:

I would avoid caching any pages that need to process any kind of user input, like a search page or anything with a form on it. Though I suppose you could cache the initial presentation of the page (what appears before user enters input), so long as the form processing didn't require any session tokens like CSRF tokens.

In my opinion ProCache is a awesome module and well worth the money. It helped me optimize many websites in just a few clicks. I can fully recommend it. ;)

Regards, Andreas

• Like 1